PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Drive

NeilP
27th May 2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Anyone know why this "spotting location" is closed? Driving past today I noticed a shiny new gate - closed...

Adam P.
27th May 2010, 05:05 PM
Not if you're on two wheels :)

Nigel C
27th May 2010, 05:26 PM
AFAIK, there used to be a padlock on the previous gate preventing access there, until someone (plane spotter perhaps?) bolt cut the lock off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current set up will make it difficult for someone to remove the latest lock?

Micheil Keegan
27th May 2010, 08:16 PM
(plane spotter perhaps?) bolt cut the lock off

I heard it was due to the maintenance crews for the storm water grate / council workers either loosing the key to the lock or the wrong lock was put on the gate.

Darren Butterworth
27th May 2010, 09:29 PM
OMG - Maybe spotters aren't to blame for once.......

Is the car park area closed off?

Matt Coughran
27th May 2010, 10:43 PM
Nigel! Your going to hate me for doing this!

But I know a way to get around the issue and get back to spotting at Qantas Drive.

The Answer! (http://www.sydneytools.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=13586&bc=no)

:D

Cheers
Matt

Darren Butterworth
27th May 2010, 11:12 PM
Nice, but $45 seems a lot

Daz

Lee G
28th May 2010, 12:50 AM
Yup - That "exclusion zone" around Sydney Airport is getting bigger and bigger.....

Gareth Forwood
28th May 2010, 10:34 AM
What would now be the closest free legal parking spot to get to QF drive. It really is a shame, it was great to just sit in the car and watch like we can at the mound.

BernieL
28th May 2010, 10:41 AM
I think there might be somewhere to park along Coward street but I am not too sure of that, either case you'll have to go for a bit of a walk down the bike path.

Tony G
28th May 2010, 02:57 PM
Its bad enough my friends thinking im a geek. Now I am slowly being blocked out from being a geek. Looks like i have to hang up the camera and complain about aircraft noise.:rolleyes: or buy a few extentions and take some shots from Taren point.

Jaryd stock
28th May 2010, 04:33 PM
Who wants to borrow my Angle Grinder?:D

NeilP
28th May 2010, 06:39 PM
I do... But don't tell Nigel. We "fenceline geeks" have a bad enough reputation.

Then again, if we are gonna be suspected of doing things, we might as well do them...:rolleyes:

Nigel C
28th May 2010, 10:23 PM
Quite the contrary...you 'fenceline geeks' generally have a good reputation. It's the odd few who get noticed and spoil the party.