PDA

View Full Version : Emirates 773, Go Around this Morning ?

Mark M
6th May 2008, 09:28 AM
Hi All,

Was heading to Bankstown Airport this morning, and noticed the EK 773 on downwind for 34L, about 10-15 mins later it reappeared, climbed to maybe 2000 feet, turned back downwind and I guessed landed second go. Now I am aware that go-arounds are fairly frequent, more so in the US and Europe due to the larger amounts of traffic etc, but does anybody know what caused the go-around this morning, im thinking it had to be traffic on the runway as conditions were perfect. Did anyone see it, would have been a great sight if it was on short-finals when the go-around was started.

Mark

Nick W.
6th May 2008, 03:36 PM
I was studying english extension in the car outside of school. Was a great angle of bank, excellent to see! Very high very quickly, and the turn came very soon which made it great to see!

Def a go-around, but didn't make as much noise as other aircraft as the 773ER is a very quiet aircraft. A few years ago a 742 initiated a go-around over newington (school) an approach to 16R, and it was LOUD!

Does anyone have any idea how long aircraft who go-around/missed approach during this peak hours would have to hold in a pattern usually?

must be a bit annoying for everyone involved!

N

Gerald A
6th May 2008, 04:21 PM
EK418 excuted a go-around because OZ601 was to slow departing 34L onto the A2 rapid taxiway.

Gerald

Mark M
6th May 2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Nick and Gerald, got a big shock when I saw it on the climb out again.

Mark