View Full Version : Can anyone pick what's not right about this Trip Report

Martin Buzzell
10th August 2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.jetspotter.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11555

It's supposed to be VH-OEH

Buzz

Jack B
10th August 2010, 03:52 PM
Blue Seats and Overhead lockers = a 2 class 747-438 :)

Martin Buzzell
10th August 2010, 03:56 PM
Well spotted Jack, I didn't pick that, but thought it looked a bit old???

Look at the Fuel Synoptic (two things there, well three really) and also the PFD.

Nick Te Mata
10th August 2010, 04:17 PM
The picture of the PFD shows selcal EH-CP, which belongs to N667US, a 747-451 ex-Northwest that's now with Delta.

Martin Buzzell
10th August 2010, 04:48 PM
Yes, I just couldn't make out the selcal.

They've finally published my replies, which the first one was sent on Sunday.

Rod Sloan
10th August 2010, 05:19 PM
Excellent work Martin. :)

Martin Buzzell
10th August 2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks Rod. It just annoyed me that someone did this. if a person impersonated what I did for a job, they would be arrested and charged!

Just as a side note, I will be in Sydney from tomorrow until Friday visiting the Qantas Jetbase. Where was that spotting spot in the Domestic Terminal? Something about on the upper level joining the terminals. Just can't remember where I read it.

Buzz

Kevin L
10th August 2010, 11:30 PM
Also Qantas pilots do not sign in from the International terminal at all, and there certainly is no way that there'd be 19-20 Cabin Crew on a 747...

Martin Buzzell
10th August 2010, 11:52 PM
Yes noticed all that. He has replied in the thread and I have replied to that.

Brendan Lawrence
11th August 2010, 12:43 AM
I've just left Jetstar and started working for Qantas as an International Flight Attendant and can assure you that sign-on and crew briefing for International tech and cabin crew is over at QCC building in Mascot, before being transported as a group to Terminal 1.

The Qantas crew hotel in Los Angeles is also NOT in the CBD as this Dimitri guy has stated - it's actually in Orange County.

And Qantas tech crew I'm SURE follow the same company policy as cabin crew with regards to not entering the Qantas Club lounges whilst on duty and particularly not in uniform. Apparently "Captain" Dimitri enjoyed breakfast in there before heading to the aircraft... I don't think so! :p

Funny read.

Fred C
11th August 2010, 06:27 AM
Also not a QF aircraft as fuel load in pounds not kilos. 174.3 kilos of fuel would get you to LAX from SYD, but not 174.3 pounds.
Certainly not OEH as not Aux fuel tank fitted either.
The crew would not stand in the rear galley and work out things on a laptop.

Scott L.
11th August 2010, 08:09 AM
Check out Capt. Palikaras avatar on Jetspotter. I think he might be the Janitor.

Adrian B
11th August 2010, 09:16 AM
Just had a look at the charts for LAX from here ( select Facility map Top LHS) (http://www.laartcc.org/airport_charts/KLAX)

Not knowing if this is all true one way or another (will leave that to you guys).

If he landed on 7L (doesnt say) and exited at Juliet as he stated, why would he need 9500' of a 12091' runway to pull up a near empty 744 (even allowing 1000' to touch down in a landing zone)(fuelwise)

That said, if his landing was day time, how could he not be asked to leave via a rapid, say Bravo 5, or even Golf at one of the world's businest airports?.

Again, happy to be proven wrong b/c I dont know.

Jarrad Phillips
11th August 2010, 09:59 AM
thanks for sharing this Martin!! And I loved the response you posted on behalf of the real QF pilot......Its going to be a real chuckle to see the replies.

Daniel M
11th August 2010, 10:40 AM
I like his display pic on Jetspotter...he says he used to fly 737's for Virgin, and is in the cockpit of a 737NG, but wearing a pilots cap? Who wears caps at Virgin?

Mick F
11th August 2010, 10:43 AM
Even funnier is that even if he was a Captain on 737's at DJ say 9 years ago, the absolute best he could possibly be on a QF 747 after that long, is an F/O.

Mick

Lee G
11th August 2010, 10:58 AM
Flight would have been a NW flight from Japan to the US as the waypoint shown (35E50) and heading (099) on the HSI puts the aircraft about 1000km E of NRT heading E.

Oh yeah, and the EXIF data on the check in photo is dated 5Oct2009 and 1000Hrs. What a shame it didn't show the photographer's name....... :D

Ryan M
11th August 2010, 11:19 AM
Bingo!

I thought I read this trip report before on airliners.net
It features a captain flying a DL B744 KIX-HNL

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/164771

(If you scroll down the page, you can see the same pictures as featured in that guys Trip Report).

Daniel M
11th August 2010, 11:25 AM
It's an scam all over!

He posted on jetspotter about a flight he was crewing on Virgin Blue at the end of last year, yet I have no record of anyone even close to that name operating that flight...

Funny what a bit of searching can obtain
:D

Stephen Brown
11th August 2010, 12:19 PM
Has this Nunchuck ever used the internet before?? Has he heard of Google?

This story is almost as funny as the time I beat Chef Ramsey in a Chocolate Crackle cook off and earned five Michelan Stars for it!!!!

Or the time I beat Tiger Woods at Golf and bedded five more chicks than him in the one night!!

I could go on, and I will.......

Paul McFarlane
11th August 2010, 02:26 PM
That was one of them most entertaining things I've read in a while! (Granted, I don't get out much anymore..:))

I've just left Jetstar and started working for Qantas as an International Flight Attendant
Hey congrats Brendan!

Martin Buzzell
11th August 2010, 03:14 PM
Thankyou to eveyone on here that helped. it seems alot of us have an eye for detail. Oh and know how to use Google

Buzz.

Fred C
11th August 2010, 03:18 PM
He seems to have spat his dummy and replaced the trip report and pictures.
Some fantastic detective work by people on this forum. Too funny.:D

Darren Butterworth
11th August 2010, 06:42 PM
hilarious thank you for this

Brendan Lawrence
12th August 2010, 01:16 AM
Hey congrats Brendan!

Thanks Paul. ;)

Kelvin R
12th August 2010, 01:55 PM
Also all ER aircraft have the 777 style overhead bins and rounded overhead signs. They were delivered that way. I have flown this route more times than I care to remember but it would be over 18 times since 2000. My fastest time was just under 13 hrs. Due to gate requirements this resulted in a delayed boarding of nearly 3 hrs out of SYD.