PDA

View Full Version : Qantas website incomplete?

Olle Q
18th August 2010, 07:08 PM
Iīm planning a trip to Australia in November.
When I search Qantas website I just simply cannot book Stockholm to Adelaide and back again.
Itīs impossible. Try yourselves.
Isnīt that amazing?
International or world-wide sites give you the option Europe, but no Scandinavian countries are included, meaning you cannot search for Stockholm or Copenhagen to a destination i Australia.
Phoning the Qantas office in Stockholm they advised me call a travel-agency, but if I donīt want to do that, if I want to handle this on my own hand.
Which I apparantly canīt.
Then I have to turn to other airlines, AY, SQ, BA or what have you???

You guys down there, do you have an explanation to why I have to feel almost "discriminated" by QF, just because I donīt fit into their European web-site?

Cheers/Olle

Owen H
18th August 2010, 07:28 PM
I'd suggest there may be more to it than just trying to "Discriminate" against you.

The Qantas website does direct you to a local travel agent to purchase your ticket in Sweden, and many other countries, particularly where there is complexities like codesharing.

I certainly don't know for sure, but my bet is it would be a legal ticketing issue surrounding the codeshares. Just a gut feeling.

If the airline could directly sell you an internet ticket, I'm willing to bet that that the option would be there!

Kent Broadhead
19th August 2010, 08:47 AM
On the Aussie site, the reverse (Adelaide -> Stockholm) includes a codeshare for the flights into and out of Stockholm. I'd suggest that, as your prposed originating flight is a codeshare, there is some agreement that the codeshare partner has prioriity in the booking. eg. QF has an arrangment with BA that a booking with a BA originating flight will be a BA booking?

Olle Q
19th August 2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Owen and Kevin.

Iīll be back with how it develops, didnīt think it was a code-share business.

Olle

Ash W
23rd August 2010, 12:03 AM
Of course it is, it isn't as if Qantas fly into Scandinavia with their own equipment. Maybe they are discriminating against you by flying you on BA or Finair metal.