PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar pilots offer a September to remember..

Montague S
21st August 2010, 06:58 AM
Our fine pilot friends at Jetstar are a little filthy at what the company is attempting to do...

http://m.theage.com.au/national/pilots-vow-goslow-over-jetstar-plans-20100820-13914.html

Mick F
21st August 2010, 11:12 AM
And I congratulate them on standing up and doing this.

It's time we (Australian pilots) finally stood up and stopped the race to the bottom of pay and conditions.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm behind Jetstar's pilots 100%.

Mick

Chris Z
21st August 2010, 08:53 PM
Thank you.

;)

Mike Scott
22nd August 2010, 02:42 AM
This practice must never be allowed to get off the ground (bad pun I know) Its very similar to what we are dealing with at UA where the company has a deal with Aer Lingus with their crews and aircraft flying our flight numbers etc in and out of Europe...pax think they are flying on UA aircraft with our crews. This whole issue is one of the big items that are on the discussion table once we start operational merger details with CO next year.

Good job Jetstar in standing up to this company/management ploy to segment your workforce, destroy the work rules and conditions you have, and in the long run..find less qualifed people to do your jobs at half the price or less. Qantas tech crew....where are you guys in support of Jetstar...if the go slow doesnt convince management that this is not something they want to get into then a full strike is absolutely required....Jetstar folks need to get QF onboard (if not already happened) then get the word out to your compatriots overseas via IALPA etc and individulal letters to the various airline MEC's here in the US..and of course ALPA national !!!!

This is even more serious than our situation since you will have foreign crews flying australian registered aircraft. The foreign base thing only works if the $$$ and living conditions are better than you currently have in OZ.

GOOD LUCK !!!! (Thanks for your efforts) I am taking the liberty of sending a copy of Montague's post/clipping from The Age to my local MEC and also to the national team involved in the merger as another example of where this garbage can go if it isnt stopped now.

Regards

MS

Mick F
22nd August 2010, 09:33 AM
Mick,
Qantas will be getting behind them too I'd say.

See here http://yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=5792 for details on an Australian Pilot meeting to be held tomorrow.

Cheers

Mick

Anthony T
22nd August 2010, 12:32 PM
Hi there

I'm a bit confused here, are they saying it's not right for Singapore nationals to operate an Australian registered aircraft between Singapore and Australia.:confused:

Cheers
Anthony T

Raymond Rowe
22nd August 2010, 01:08 PM
From what i am reading they want to base pilots from singapore and Vietnam here in australia but not under an australian EBA.These pilots would be on a contract and be many thousands of dollars less.

Mick F
22nd August 2010, 02:02 PM
More info here:

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/jetstar-pilots-warn-of-goslow-20100820-138th.html

While inconvenient for travellers, it's about time Australian Pilots did something to reverse the trend.

Cheers

Mick

Chris Z
22nd August 2010, 03:44 PM
Very briefly, we were given assurances last EBA negotiations that by voting in the EBA, it would give Jetstar a stable platform to "grow the business for the next 5 years", and in return we would be given the opportunity to crew the expansion on the EBA.

Since then, we were told the NZ operation would be set up as a seperate company, using a NZ AOC & ZK registered aircraft. This hasn't been the case. We have NZ based crew operating VH aircraft on our OZ AOC on less conditions.

Now they want to base A330's in Singapore, and run them on the OZ AOC, VH registered, on "local conditions" saying they have to remain competitive in the market, and go against what they promised.

When we are making record profits (continually), we find this very hard to comprehend.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason this MEL-SIN run could not be crewed by Melbourne based A330 crew.