PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Safety Breifing

Jon B
25th August 2010, 08:31 PM
Yesterday (Tuesday 24/8) on DJ817 Mel - Syd the safety breifing was a recording played whilst the staff gave the usual seatbelt, oxygen mask etc demo, only the introduction was done by the Cabin Supervisor. The Foxtel screens were off as usual so no safety demo video as per V Aus, QF. Not sure if this is new standard on Virgin or just cabin crew choice? as tonight on DJ868 the breifing was read by the cabin supervisor as normal, but also no Foxtel on the aircraft tonight - VH VUT.

Jon B
3rd September 2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks Liam,
On the last 3 flights since the Cabin Supervisor has done the usual announcements. The recording certainly did get peoples attention as everyone noticed the difference.
I have noticed the control panel for Foxtel and the "Free" button - have oftern wondered what would happen if a passenger pressed that button - i would not do it myself but i assume there is more to it than the press of a button.

On Tuesday 31/8 the Foxtel was free on my Mel - Syd flight for the 10th Birthday, but coming home on Wednesday it was back to pay to view - but Voyeur magazine had more puzzles than previously!

As you say possibly another change in preperation for a seperate business class.