PDA

View Full Version : Brindabella to fly Sydney-Cobar from Sept 24th.

Max C
30th August 2010, 03:06 PM
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but seems to have slipped quietly under the radar.

Tickets on sale ahead of Cobar to Sydney lift off!

The introduction of the service is the result of a joint partnership between Brindabella Airlines, Cobar Shire Council, Peak Gold Mines, Endeavor Mine and Cobar Management Pty Ltd.

Councillor Lilliane Brady, Mayor, Cobar Shire Council welcomed news of the start date stating, '“For 18 months Cobar has been without an air service to Sydney and today it gives me much pleasure to inform the community of Cobar that our service will recommence on Friday 24 September 2010. I would like to thank the community for their patience and the three Cobar mines - Endeavor, Peak Gold Mines and Cobar Management Pty Ltd for their hard work and support.'”

While subject to a four month trial, it is expected the 90 min direct service will be off to a strong start with interest already running high.

“'We've been inundated with inquiries from Cobar and surrounding communities – particularly Bourke – with Government, businesses, community service providers and residents keen for an easier option than the current three hour drive to Dubbo to catch a Sydney flight,'” said Brindabella CEO, Jeff Boyd.

“'There's also been significant interest in group bookings and charter flights from the local mining sector – all of which bodes well for a continued service to the region.”

“‘'I'd like to formally acknowledge Cobar Shire Council and our three mining partners for their immense support in bringing Brindabella to Cobar. We are pleased to be working alongside such progressive partners and look forward to being of service to Cobar and surrounds,'’ Jeff concluded.”

“Flights will run Monday to Friday with Sydney flights arriving into Cobar by 8.10am and flights to Sydney arriving in by 10.00am. A double Friday service will also be available to facilitate same day business travel or a weekend in Sydney.”

“An official launch will be held to mark commencement of the service. Details to be announced shortly.”

“As a Qantas affiliate, passengers travelling with Brindabella can earn and redeem Frequent Flyer points! For full flight details and best fares every time visit brindabellaairlines.com.au.”

Media Inquiries:
Jeff Boyd (CEO, Brindabella Airlines)
M: 0409 443 338

Monique Meijer (Marketing Manager, Brindabella Airlines)
M: 0428 795 009

http://www.brindabellaairlines.com.au/news/23-08-10/cobar-sydney-flights

Brian Wilkes
30th August 2010, 10:09 PM
Jetstream or Metro?

Stefan Perkas
30th August 2010, 10:23 PM
According to their schedules. The flights will be operated by metro's

Brian Wilkes
30th August 2010, 10:26 PM
WOW hope no one wants to go to the loo and or stretch their legs during the flight!:D

Nigel C
31st August 2010, 08:37 AM
It's only a 90 minute flight...

Maikha Ly
3rd September 2010, 10:27 AM
Could I assume that this would be the first time Brindabella has operated a route out of Sydney, and that it has been a few years since we've seen Metros operate RPT out of Sydney?

Look forward for something new to spot :)

Mike W
5th September 2010, 08:07 AM
WOW hope no one wants to go to the loo and or stretch their legs during the flight!:D

How is it, no one (at least to Sydney), operates Beech 1900D's?

Andrew Neil
5th September 2010, 08:14 AM
I'd looked at operating them in the past and the cost between a 1900 and Metro is substantial. The availability of metros is greater also. There is a company in Perth that offers 1900's but you have to sign over your life, your kids, car, house, kids future house, give them all your money, then ask the bank for more.
And another valid reason is because the 1900's are fugly

Andrew

----------------------------------
get a life Noel

Mike W
5th September 2010, 08:17 AM
^ They sure are ha ha.

It seems that 19 seaters are a thing of the past with the Beech the last manufactured and even they haven't been made for a while. Even the larger Saabs are finished. What are Regionals supposed to use these days?

Maikha Ly
25th September 2010, 09:00 AM
http://orange.iprime.com.au/index.php/news/prime-news/air-services-return-to-cobar-video

Greg McDonald
26th September 2010, 12:42 AM
I love the meals being handed out from the esky when you board.....how aussie is that!!:D:D

phil.l
26th September 2010, 09:31 AM
Any info on which aircraft operated the first service?

Jayden Laing
26th September 2010, 11:19 AM
VH-TAO was the aircraft. It stays in sydney after the service & is parked over near Bay 96

Steve Jones
26th September 2010, 12:28 PM
Given it stays in SYD and the flight operates mornings only, you'd have to think they are looking at least one other destination from Sydney to operate afternoons.

phil.l
26th September 2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks Jayden.