PDA

View Full Version : Where is dubbo ??????

Bob C
11th September 2010, 02:08 PM
Perhaps it's my failing eyesight or maybe an oversight on the part of Google Maps but I can't find Dubbo NSW on the FlightRadar24.com map or Grahame's 16Right.com ACARS map.

Plenty of other towns are shown but not Dubbo which does seem odd because it's a fairly large town. It's not a big deal but I'm curious as several of my friends are coming from Perth then driving up from Adelaide with other spotters to Williamtown next week. They will be overnighting in Dubbo and visiting airfields in the vicinity and viewing some aircraft relics on the way.

Ideas anyone ?

Geoff W
11th September 2010, 03:29 PM
Bob,

Zoom into FlightRadar 7 times from min zoom and it appears.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Edit, as at 1652

Bob,

I tried 16Right as well, it is similar.

Sent this off some time ago, it appears it didnt work.

I hope I DONT get duplicate postings.

Mods, if it happens and I get a dup please feel free to delete one. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Brenden S
11th September 2010, 05:45 PM
Bob, don't forget to stop off and have a look at the neppie on the side of the road, I think its between Parkes and Dubbo.

Bob C
11th September 2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks Geoff - got it as you suggested but it does seem weird that much smaller towns such as Ivanhoe, Wilcannia, Cobar, Nyngan etc appear before Dubbo.

Unfortunately, Brenden I'm not one of the travellers this time but I think my friends have the Neptune "pencilled in" for a visit as well as several other "warbirds" along the way. Not much, if anything, will get past these very experienced and knowledgeable spotters.

Jayden Laing
11th September 2010, 06:46 PM
Last I heard the Neptune was up for sale. Don't think anyone bought it