PDA

View Full Version : round dials save the day .

Steve Bottom
23rd September 2010, 09:56 AM
Good to see this wasn't pumped up !!
When you lose the digital screens you don't have to lose the aircraft., good old round dials save the day .

> From http://avherald.com

Incident: Jetstar A320 near Mackay on Sep 20th 2010, loss of data systems supplying primary flight displays

By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Sep 22nd 2010 14:30Z, last updated Wednesday, Sep 22nd 2010 14:30ZA Jetstar Airbus A320-200, registration VH-JQX performing flight JQ-884 from Brisbane,QL to Mackay,QL (Australia), was descending towards Mackay when the crew received multiple ECAM messages, the autopilot and autothrust systems disconnected and primary flight display indications were lost. The crew continued for a safe landing in Mackay.

Australia's Transportation Safety Board opened an investigation into the incident reporting, that the "primary flight displays including altitude and airspeed data were lost from the normal sources but were available from the standby system". The data systems recovered, the crew continued their approach.

Mick F
23rd September 2010, 12:03 PM
I'm prettttty sure that the backup instruments on an A320 are still glass Steve.

None the less, good to see.

Cheers

Mick

Radi K
23rd September 2010, 09:58 PM
not another adiru problem i hope

Martin Buzzell
24th September 2010, 05:30 PM
I'm prettttty sure that the backup instruments on an A320 are still glass Steve.

None the less, good to see.

Cheers

Mick

Just looked at the cockpit photo I have on my study wall of the A320. They look analogue to me. Though they are behind glass :)

Mick F
24th September 2010, 06:59 PM
Looks like I stand corrected then.

Thanks Martin.

Cheers

Mick