PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 767-300 SYD-CGK

Jed W
10th May 2008, 12:20 PM
G'day all,

Starting in a couple of months I will begin to take frequent trips to Jakarta.

I will be flying Qantas economy for the most part, and my question was will QF be updating their interior on the 767-300 to 747/A330 standard any time soon?

Or will QF begin operating a different a/c on this route?

Thanks.

Andrew P
10th May 2008, 01:02 PM
like the 767 used to MNL, expect the answer to be NO

Only minor is they have replaced the overhead TV screens with upgraded overhead LCD TV's

Banjo

Erik H. Bakke
10th May 2008, 01:53 PM
Only minor is they have replaced the overhead TV screens with upgraded overhead LCD TV's

Probably in order to fit more carry-on luggage, always an issue on that route. ;)

Chris Roope
10th May 2008, 02:03 PM
767's on that route will not get any interior refit. Long-term plan will be for another a/c type to operate that route, youd have to guess it will be the 330 when they have enough capacity (which I imagine is when JQ get their 787's and QF get some 330's back).

Gareth U
10th May 2008, 02:04 PM

No internationally-configured 763s have the new monitors or laptop power in J/C. These updates seem to occur when the aircraft are reconfigured for domestic use.

Having said that, the ex-AO 763s do not have new screens. I am not sure about the mid-galley GE aircraft. I know that OGG does. Maybe OGP (as that was the latest to be reconfigured).

Basically it seems they are only interested in updated the domestic-configured 763s, either upon the reconfiguration or after.

The ex-BA 763s have the new screens. Some, not all, have the new IFE system based on that of the A380. Whilst it is still overhead IFE, the system is the same/similar Panasonic eFx platform.

Chris Tully
10th May 2008, 02:10 PM
No 767's will have any further interior refurbishment besides the standard carpet and seat fabrics.

The 767's will be phased out progressively as new fleet arrive.

A330's will replace the 767's and the 787 will also pick-up 767 slots.

Ben O
10th May 2008, 05:05 PM
Some Intl B763s do have the new style domestic Y class seat covers. My guess is all B763s will eventually have the new Y seat covers/curtains and carpets.

This will make seat cover changes easy as only 1 style/design will need to be stocked, the blue Y class seat covers can be phased out completely.

I know OGD/OGE/OGF have the new LCD screens.

Jed W
10th May 2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for that everyone. I thought it might be a long shot, but worth the ask anyway.

When will we see QF A330 aircraft operating SYD-CGK?

The ex-BA 763s have the new screens. Some, not all, have the new IFE system based on that of the A380.

Which QF 767 have personal IFE? That was the main thing I was hoping for :)

Michael Wright
10th May 2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for that everyone. I thought it might be a long shot, but worth the ask anyway.

I believe only international configured 767's in Business class have personal IFE. Economy class passengers, just have the mainscreen entertainment.

Chris Tully
11th May 2008, 03:22 AM
Correct, only the INT configured have the 'Dreamtime' business class seat which offers in-seat tv, albeit small monitors.

Malcolm Parker
11th May 2008, 01:00 PM

No 767's have personal PTV's in economy and never will.

The 767's will not start to exit the fleet until QF start getting the 787's. That won't happen till the first 10 or so have gone to JQ, and given recent delays that probably won't happen to around mid 2010. However those A330's will start to go back to QF eventually, and they will then probably service the intl routes the 767's currently do eg HNL/JKT/MNL, Whether or not QF requip them with new interiors and PTV's in economy is debateable. I would imagine they would replace them with QF type interiors but not put PTV's in economy.

Realistically I would say don't expect any PTV's in economy on any JKT route for some years yet. Sorry to dissapoint.

Chris Tully
11th May 2008, 01:11 PM
The cost to outfit the 767 fleet with Y PTV's would outweigh the return of service these aircraft will deliver since they will begin retirement in the comming years.

I do know that the next 737 deliverys will come with an updated IFE system. The extent of this I do not know as of yet, but it is supposed to have been upgraded. Maybe a file server platform versus tape etc.

Gareth U
12th May 2008, 03:18 PM
333s did operate to CGK during the last peak season on Thursdays.

Jed W
13th May 2008, 09:27 AM
No worries, thanks for the information eveyone. :)

Brenden S
14th May 2008, 01:57 AM
Ultimately who knows what they will do. Just enjoy the crappy small screens.....:D