PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue 737 Fleet- Live 2 Air

Jack Melon
15th October 2010, 04:51 PM
Virgin Blue Live'2'air FLEET - Yes or no. 737'S ONLY!!
**Please note i am not including VH-VBQ as it has left the fleet to southwest.
737-700's.
VH-VBA FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBB FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBC FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBD FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBF FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBH FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBI FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBJ FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBK FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBL FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBM FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBN FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBO FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBP FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBR FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBS FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBU- LIVE 2 AIR WILL NEVER BE INSTALLED.
VH-VBV FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBY FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VBZ FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
737-800's'
VH-VOA FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOB FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOC FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOD FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOK FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOL FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOM FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VON FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOO TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VOP TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VOQ FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOR TO POLYNESIAN BLUE
VH-VOS FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOT FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOU FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOV FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOW FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VOX FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUA FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUB TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUC FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUD TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUE FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUF FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUG TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUH TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUI FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUJ FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUK FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUL FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUM FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUN FITTED WITH LIVE 2 AIR
VH-VUO TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUP TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUQ TO PACIFIC BLUE
VH-VUR LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-VUS LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-VUT LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-VUU LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-VUV LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-VUW LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-VUX LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM
VH-BZG LIVE 2 AIR NOT INSTALLED YET- OR MAYBE NEW IFE SYSTEM

Rob R
15th October 2010, 05:12 PM
No new aircraft will have live 2 air fitted, it's a thing of the past and a new system will appear early next year.

Jason Carruthers
15th October 2010, 05:41 PM
I'm quite happy to see the back of live2air, I have never been fussed with it since it's inception. I much preferred the Blue Beats audio channels before hand. I used live2air the other night for free on a delayed flight and it dropped out 3-4 times at least on a 90 minute sector. I would have been pretty annoyed if I had paid to use it.

out of interest do the newer non live2air 73H's (VUR onwards) feature Blue Beats or are they IFEless until the new system is rolled out.

It will be interesting to see whats around the corner.

Jack Melon
15th October 2010, 06:41 PM
No new aircraft will have live 2 air fitted, it's a thing of the past and a new system will appear early next year.

Yeah for their buisness class or whatever there doing new :)

Jack Melon
15th October 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm quite happy to see the back of live2air, I have never been fussed with it since it's inception. I much preferred the Blue Beats audio channels before hand. I used live2air the other night for free on a delayed flight and it dropped out 3-4 times at least on a 90 minute sector. I would have been pretty annoyed if I had paid to use it.

out of interest do the newer non live2air 73H's (VUR onwards) feature Blue Beats or are they IFEless until the new system is rolled out.

It will be interesting to see whats around the corner.

Id say they would mate :)

Brock Little
15th October 2010, 08:24 PM
I wonder if the E190s will have the new IFE system installed?

Jack Melon
15th October 2010, 08:29 PM
I wonder if the E190s will have the new IFE system installed?

Theres rumours they will. I hve heard they diddnt want the e-jets fitted with live'2'air because of system problems or something and they said with a new ife they would install them with the rest of the fleet. Only rumours though.

Brock Little
15th October 2010, 08:35 PM
Theres rumours they will. I hve heard they diddnt want the e-jets fitted with live'2'air because of system problems or something and they said with a new ife they would install them with the rest of the fleet. Only rumours though.

I would have thought they didn't have Live2Air installed because of the short routes that they are usually deployed on.

Jack Melon
15th October 2010, 08:42 PM
I would have thought they didn't have Live2Air installed because of the short routes that they are usually deployed on.
Yeah true but more with the e170, the 190 does the longest route virgin does (domestic) i think. But the e190s do short and long just depends :)

Robert S
15th October 2010, 08:52 PM
I used live2air the other night for free on a delayed flight and it dropped out 3-4 times at least on a 90 minute sector. I would have been pretty annoyed if I had paid to use it.

In cases where that happens and the crew make that choice to make it free, those who swiped will not end up getting charged for it.

I don't normally use it, but I did use it flying back from Perth and other than periods during climb and descent, it worked flawlessly all the way back to Sydney, even across the Bight.

I flew VH-VUV over to Perth (which I imagine is one of DJ's longer domestic legs), and I can tell you there was a lot of surprise and some disappointment to passengers to find no live2air on board. In the end I suppose it wasn't so bad - I had plenty of music on the iPhone and it ended up being quite relaxing - but I had intended to use the Live2Air had it been there.

This aircraft did feature the traditional Blue Beats audio, but compared to pre-Live2Air, I found the content to be very poor and the audio quality even worse, even with my own noice-cancelling earphones. There are just five channels, basically Pop, Comedy, Classical, Kids and "Pacific Beats". I didn't try out the Comedy for very long, as it was playing what every airline comedy channel always plays... vintage Bill Cosby.

Brock Little
15th October 2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah true but more with the e170, the 190 does the longest route virgin does (domestic) i think. But the e190s do short and long just depends :)

I was thinking that, the E-190s operate on OOL-ADL and on flights from PER to Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, which are both pretty long for flights without IFE. Got to be another reason.

Michael Morrison
15th October 2010, 10:10 PM
Id like them to have the RED system that V Australia (and Virgin America) use.

Jack Melon
15th October 2010, 10:21 PM
Id like them to have the RED system that V Australia (and Virgin America) use.

Yeah that is a very good system. And the "lights" virgin america have and cabin interiours.

Brock Little
16th October 2010, 07:34 AM
You mean mood lighting.

John C
16th October 2010, 12:37 PM
The Ejets do not have Live to Air installed as the antenna is too large to fit on the crown of the aircraft.

Andrew M
16th October 2010, 02:22 PM
Live2Air was a great idea on the current DJ system about 10 years ago, now it's just a small old screen and an outdated idea.

It was another failed idea by DJ along with Premium Economy & Phuket/South Africa/Fiji with a 777-300ER....

The system was 2nd hand from a USA airline and that is all that needs to be said.

Michael Morrison
16th October 2010, 04:17 PM
The Ejets do not have Live to Air installed as the antenna is too large to fit on the crown of the aircraft.

How do JetBlue fit it to their E190's?

Radi K
17th October 2010, 01:04 AM
The antenna for USA ops and Aust Ops are different sizes due to the nature of the satellite signal strength i think? John C can probably clarify.

Mike W
17th October 2010, 06:15 AM
Yeah that is a very good system. And the "lights" virgin america have and cabin interiours.

Are DJ getting the new 737 Sky Interior only just being produced from now? Boeing say that half of the 737 backlog is getting the new version (therefore I assume it's more expensive)

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2010/07/bca_sky_interior_07_26_10.html

John C
17th October 2010, 07:36 AM
Radi - 100% correct. The antenna on the jet blue airplanes is much smaller. Flybaboo and from memory Azul have live tv on their ejets as well but they use the smaller antenna.

JamesW
17th October 2010, 10:07 AM
I've been told that VH-YFC which will be the next delivery after VH-VUY will have come with "Lots and Lots of new gadgets." What these gadgets are I don't know but im tending towards a new IFE system and maybe some new flight deck equipment.

Brock Little
17th October 2010, 10:35 AM
VUY, VUZ, YFC and YFE, when delivered, will be in a hybrid Virgin livery until Virgin Blue's relaunch early next year. They should be getting the new Sky Interior as well.

Andrew M
17th October 2010, 05:47 PM
The updated "sky interior" is very well overdue on the B737's!

Greg F
17th October 2010, 06:49 PM
Will the 'Virgin' name be retained?
seems stupid to not use it, as its a very reconised:confused: and reputable brand!

how do you spell that ? lol :confused:

Paul f.
17th October 2010, 06:52 PM
Virgin Australia with V Australia livery.

Brock Little
17th October 2010, 07:11 PM
Virgin Australia with V Australia livery.

So it's not Virgin Pacific? Bugger...
Virgin Australia is still a good name though, and I'm looking forward to seeing those 737s and E-Jet's in the VA livery! :)

Michael Morrison
17th October 2010, 07:22 PM
Will the 'Virgin' name be retained?
seems stupid to not use it, as its a very reconised:confused: and reputable brand!

Someone on another site mentioned a temp livery. All white with a red virgin logo on the tail (and white virgin font). Similar style to VS and VX's tails.

Paul f.
17th October 2010, 07:25 PM
So it's not Virgin Pacific? Bugger...
Virgin Australia is still a good name though, and I'm looking forward to seeing those 737s and E-Jet's in the VA livery! :)It could be, what i said is only what hear around the traps.

Rob R
18th October 2010, 09:37 AM
The new IFE will appear in the aircaft del in Feb or Mar.

Fittings for the new flight crew uniform have started, bomber jackets and tan colours are gone. Fittings for the new cabin crew uniform will start later this month or early Nov.