PDA

View Full Version : Plane spotting letter in Sydney Morning Herald

Andrew P
12th November 2010, 06:11 AM
You would think people have better things to do than write letters to The Editor of a newspaper about plane spotting

Qantas: no alarm (http://www.smh.com.au/national/letters/school-needs-to-talk-straight-on-its-gay-policies-20101111-17p91.html)

Paul f.
12th November 2010, 06:38 AM
Where is the letter:confused:

Sarah C
12th November 2010, 06:45 AM
Good response Andrew :p I was tempted to write in but your response summed it up!!!! These 'Not in my backyard' people are never happy - the last time I checked, Sydney Airport was there well before Lewisham.

Nigel C
12th November 2010, 11:11 AM
You might also actually consider that those who reply to such a letter know the facts...or do they? The Emirates aircraft was in fact a B777-200LR, not an A380.:rolleyes:

Qantas: no alarm
Maybe Anne Buckley (Letters, November 11) should become a plane spotter. The 6.05am A380 departure from Sydney was an Emirates flight to Dubai, not Qantas. Fortunately for Anne, it has been changed to an evening departure, so she can get more sleep.

Andrew Patterson Pymble

Jason H
12th November 2010, 04:55 PM
It amazes me how many people complain about aircraft noise these days. For those of you living near the Shire, you may be aware of the recent complaints due to the increased traffic over Miranda area. I'm no air traffic controller, but I've lived under the BOOGI waypoint for inbound aircraft from the south west for my whole life, and don't find the aircraft noise invasive to the slightest. Aircraft over this area are rarely below 6000ft, and I have never been woken to aircraft noise in the mornings.

A curfew that is in effect from 11pm-6am with more noise abatement procedures in place from 10.45pm and before 7am, as well as implementing SODROPS during the day, is more than enough to keep the majority of the population happy.

Andrew P
12th November 2010, 05:51 PM
You might also actually consider that those who reply to such a letter know the facts...or do they? The Emirates aircraft was in fact a B777-200LR, not an A380.:rolleyes:

a bit of poetic license was taken, she obliviously was hearing the Emirates flight at 6.05am but to say it was a 777, would probably have not got the letter published,