PDA

View Full Version : Strategic announces BNE,MEL-HKT

lloyd fox
19th November 2010, 02:39 PM
Strategic to fill V Australia Phuket gap
Friday, 19 November 2010

Set to become the only Australian carrier offering direct flights from Melbourne to Phuket, Strategic Airlines has today announced direct flights to Phuket from Brisbane and Melbourne.

With flights starting February 2011, Strategic’s move follows news of V Australia’s withdrawal from the Phuket route, the Herald Sun reported.

One time charter operator and Australia’s newest full service carrier, Strategic will offer two weekly full service flights (on Tuesdays and Fridays) from Melbourne to Phuket starting from 22 February 2011.

The flights will be operated by an Airbus A330 aircraft offering both business and economy class.

“We are thrilled to be starting Melbourne operations and to be offering Victorians a brand new airline choice,” Strategic Airlines’ commercial head Damien Vasta said.

“We believe there is a strong traffic base between Victoria and Thailand and we look forward to working with partners in tourism and industry to build our services over time,” he said, adding that the airline considers the new route integral to Strategic’s international network growth.

Also on offer will be twice weekly (on Thursdays and Sundays) Brisbane to Phuket flights, beginning operation on 24 February 2011.

“Queenslanders have thrown their support behind our new airline and our Brisbane to Bali services launched last year,” Mr Vasta said.

“So much so we are thrilled to add Thailand to our network complementing our new twice-weekly Brisbane to Townsville and Bali services starting next month,” he said.

Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday 24 November 2010 with fares commissionable to travel agents at five per cent.

From 3 December 2010, Strategic Airlines will launch flights to Denpasar and parts of Western Australia and North Queensland from Perth and Brisbane.

Radi K
19th November 2010, 05:12 PM
hmm I'm not so sure the public is supporting their bali flights - less than 30 pax some days! :eek:

Brandon Giacomin
19th November 2010, 05:13 PM
Here are the schedules

Effective February 22, 2011

Melbourne - Phuket
VC240 MEL 1100 HKT 1550 332 25

Phuket - Melbourne
VC241 HKT 1850 MEL 0725+1 332 47

Effective February 24, 2011

Brisbane - Phuket
VC246 BNE 1205 HKT 1650 332 47

Phuket - Brisbane
VC247 HKT 1750 BNE 0650+1 332 24

lloyd fox
19th November 2010, 06:20 PM
Which Bali flights Radi

PER-DPS or PHE-DPS or TSV-DPS.

I can tell you right now that the TSV-DPS flights which start 3 dec are doing great guns on pre bookings.

Everything i have read is that PER-DPS is doing well also.

So that leaves PHE-DPS ?

Lloyd

PS the schedule above cant be correct as 2 flights on Thursdays ex HKT to both BNE and MEL.I think you will find HKT-BNE will be on a Friday evening into BNE saturday am.

Joe Frampton
24th November 2010, 12:22 AM
From what I can see, as a wholesale agent, the sales are going great. I have moved seats at all price levels, and I can tell you the people in Townsville are loving it. Bear in mind their new international schedules start in December, the metal hasn't even landed there yet, but the anticipation is huge. Once lots more people start flying Strategic, the word of mouth will spead and spread. Right now, the average man in the street wouldn't have even heard of them. The customer service from the Strategic ticketing crew is awesome too. Eat them apples Jetstar.

Paul McFarlane
10th December 2010, 10:39 AM
And they have just announced BNE-DPS... starting March '11

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/strategic-airlines-to-fly-brisbane-to-bali-route/story-e6frea73-1225968866085

lloyd fox
10th December 2010, 01:11 PM
Yes the Wednesday and Saturday return flights from Phuket to BNE will then head straight back out to Bali at 0850 and come back at 2225 hrs the same nights.

Robert Stockdill
10th December 2010, 02:37 PM
Here's the full story and timetable of the BNE service announced today.

http://www.aviationrecord.com/SearchResults/tabid/37/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3144/Strategic-to-fly-Brisbane-Bali-non-stop.aspx

What's significant is they're offering "full service" - ie: meals included in the price and (communal) entertainment, which is more than Jetstar....