PDA

View Full Version : Sympathy for Qantas Checkin Staff...

Peter Casey
29th November 2010, 04:46 PM
Over the past weeks we have seen all the Qantas problems, and no doubt the passengers naturally venting their frustration on TV too.

Without doubt the Qantas checkin staff would also be feeling the heat from the events too.

My Sympathy certainly goes to the male & female staff as I can only imagine you must go home after your shift to your families and simply cry...

I will continue to FLy Qantas, It's our National Carrier, and we must support our fellow Australians & their families behind this Great Icon of ours.

Rgds

Peter

Brock Little
29th November 2010, 05:33 PM
Well said!
Let this go out to every Qantas employee who all work their butts off to sustain and continually improve a truly amazing and innovative airline.

D Chan
29th November 2010, 10:22 PM
Definitely not easy.. similar to the Virgin Blue check-in saga few months back... their jobs are rarely appreciated and there are some really rude people in our society today.

Maikha Ly
30th November 2010, 05:37 AM
It really makes me cringe how we, as a society, seem to accept such behaviour inflicted towards staff like check-in staff and flight attendants, and this goes for all airlines from Qantas to Tiger. Clearly it's not on.

We can all do our bit, simply by enjoying every experience we have everytime we go for a flight, and making sure the staff know that.

Brock Little
30th November 2010, 06:30 AM
Yep. Apparently the best thing pilots can hear from a passenger is, "Nice landing."

Andrew RC
30th November 2010, 11:48 AM
Agreed - some people just don't appreciate the hard work the airline staff do. QF93 MEL-LAX is currently delayed departure (VH-OEF) due to a faulty airconditioning issue, yet people still manage to complain to staff and because of the delay, and demand that the aircraft still go now.

These would probably be the same people that would also complain if the aircraft departed without the fix and they were freezing towards the end of the flight after cold soak set in.....

Geoff W
30th November 2010, 02:09 PM
How appropriate is this post?

Yesterday I encountered a very unsavoury experience at Sydney airport as we endeavoured to check-in at the QF Club/Business check-in.

At the entry point we were THEN snapped AT to go back and get our luggage tags, and seat allocations, I had checked in online the evening before, but I didnt have access to a printer. Had my seat numbers but no actual boarding passes.

Didnt argue, went and did it, then went back to drop the bags off again, to then get you NEED to take your luggage down there.

What?

I havent seen this system before yesterday, I am happy to concede the final lady we got to see was super helpful. It was funny, what she was trying to show us didnt work for her.

What hope have we got? or others that travel less frequently than us.

The nice lady then went onto explain as Gold FF that we dont need to go through all this, we can merely check-in as per usual.

No you cant if you have some young QF employee who thinks she is a police woman, snapping and not letting you into the Business/QF club check-in area.

The check-in experience was a poor low 3.

It has never happenned before I swear, with QF or any of the many airlines I have flown with..

On a brighter note, on our way to Sydney on Thursday we were delayed quite somewhat, (due to late arrival of craft and then Melbourne weather on departure) the flight crew kept us up to date on our departure info and the cabin crew tried really hard to ensure all was happy on board.

Of course they cant win, but they did super I believe.

Yesterdays flight to Mel, we had a small hold up in the Syd evening peak hour again, the flight crew updated us several times.

Well done to both flights I reckon.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Justin L
30th November 2010, 02:51 PM
Well, a one hour delay to the English cricket team's flight from BNE to ADL made news (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/qantas-woes-strike-england-cricketers-20101130-18eed.html)... Crazy.

Geoff W
30th November 2010, 02:58 PM
Chris,

Jeez mate I hope NOT. Dont even think about it!

That was never my intention.

I wont be going to the media about this.

Still maintain I really believe we were treated VERY poorly yesterday.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Anthony T
30th November 2010, 05:20 PM
Hi there

I have never understood this boards infatuation for QF, it's just an airline, not great and not terrible, just an average airline which has it's up's and downs.

The tone of the posts seem to indicate posters are worried something bad may happen to QF soon, but I can't imagine what. :confused:

Please enlighten me.

Cheers
Anthony T

Ian Garton
30th November 2010, 06:29 PM
Absolutely correct Anthony.

What always gets me is the media and people calling Qantas 'Our national carrier'. If memory serves me correctly it hasn't been nationalised since 1995.

Qantas media have done very well to keep up the sense of national pride in the brand, and a perception of superiority over other airlines.

lloyd fox
30th November 2010, 06:48 PM
I believe that as this is a Sydney based forum and Qantas is a Sydney based airline there is this underlying fever that Qantas is just wonderful.

For a lot of the rest of us,we just don't care.

Radi K
30th November 2010, 08:40 PM
100% with Andrew

It can be the best or the worst jobs some days .. take the good with the bad

most people are nice and if they are not, most people have a back story (out of your control normally) as to why they are not. It's normally just an Amygdala Hijack, we all have them.

if you want to read more go here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_hijack

Paul f.
1st December 2010, 08:23 AM
Well said!
Let this go out to every Qantas employee who all work their butts off to sustain and continually improve a truly amazing and innovative airline.Brock they get paid for it along with good working conditions travel benefits,go and have a look in a hospital and look at the nurses working there butts of saving lives working in poor conditions and no free travel benefits;)