PDA

View Full Version : Q Catering evacuated due to fumes

Trevor Sinclair
6th December 2010, 09:15 AM
I'm wondering if this has affected the loading of catering on aircraft today. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/qantas-building-evacuated-due-to-fumes/story-e6freuy9-1225966247364

Kelvin R
6th December 2010, 08:00 PM
It sure did, my mid morning SYD-MEL had no catering. The crew did a great job however using what they had left over from the last flight and still managed to offer juice, water, tea, coffee, cashews and apples.

Robert Stockdill
7th December 2010, 02:51 PM
It sure did, my mid morning SYD-MEL had no catering. The crew did a great job however using what they had left over from the last flight and still managed to offer juice, water, tea, coffee, cashews and apples.

Intriguing. AviationRecord.com reported yesterday:

"Although the incident shut down the building for a number of hours, with level five still blocked off at the time of writing, the Qantas spokesperson told AviationRecord.com that the event would have no impact on catering or food supply out of Qantas."

It was always hard to figure how you could evacuate 400 people from the catering headquarters without ANY downstream effect on catering provisions....

Hugh Jarse
7th December 2010, 03:44 PM
Must've been the one day a year they prepare the crew meals...;)