PDA

View Full Version : QF Cabin Crew training - A380 Vs B747

Andrew RC
2nd January 2011, 03:44 PM
A question for those in the know:

Apart from the obvious technical differences, is there any specific/extra training for cabin crew on the A380 commpared to the B747's?

I fortunately get to fly in either the A or J cabins, but am really noticing a difference in a lesser quality of inflight service provided in the B747's. Meals seem much the same menu, but since the A380 introduction I have noticed A380's appear to have:
- more attentive and professional staff
- more knowledgeable staff (including the younger ones)
- better food presentation and quality (better galleys perhaps?)

Just wondering if the A380 cabin crew are held to a higher standard?

Please don't be offended if you are B747 cabin crew, as you are still better than many of the other airlines I fly - and you always say hi whenever I see any of you at the South Coast Plaza shops in Costa Mesa on LAX layover shopping sprees. ;)

Adam G
3rd January 2011, 02:35 PM
I'm fairly sure they also reduced by one on the A330 and A380 as well in the second half of 2010 - I'm sure one of the QF crew here can confirm.

There were also a limited number of QAL crew on the A380 - some I know transferred across from short haul - not sure how many (if any) are left now though.

Flew on the 380 just before it's grounding last year, was certainly a more comfortable experience then the B747.