PDA

View Full Version : What Journalists will use for next QF incident

Peter JB
8th January 2011, 10:26 AM
http://www.radans.net/jens/planestory.html

You can be quite creative with this :D

Adam P.
8th January 2011, 11:08 AM
That would be the creation of one Jenny B (aka 'the Tag Lady'), a member of some of the previous incarnations of this forum.

Brock Little
8th January 2011, 02:57 PM
This Jenny B made my day :D

Geoff W
8th January 2011, 06:52 PM
I destest posting this, but PLEASE!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/reports-of-near-miss-at-melbourne-airport/story-e6frf7kx-1225984210151

Get off the case of a near miss, I have seen several of these stories in the last few days, not so much near misses, but TOTALLY inappropriate reporting of what has occured in aviation.

When can we take the "drama" out of this?

I am a keen flyer, I NEVER want to be caught up in a real "drama", but hey! I have had several aborted landings. Hey! the team at the front know what is best for them and us.

The media is SO stupid in their reporting.

Just my view.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Raymond Rowe
8th January 2011, 07:25 PM
Jen has always had a sense of humor from the day she joined the original board.

Andrew M
8th January 2011, 08:07 PM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/reports-of-near-miss-at-melbourne-airport/story-e6frf7kx-1225984210151

I wonder if my comment will get approved there.

I doubt it.

Lukas M
8th January 2011, 08:21 PM

Get off the case of a near miss, I have seen several of these stories in the last few days, not so much near misses, but TOTALLY inappropriate reporting of what has occured in aviation.

When can we take the "drama" out of this?

I am a keen flyer, I NEVER want to be caught up in a real "drama", but hey! I have had several aborted landings. Hey! the team at the front know what is best for them and us.

The media is SO stupid in their reporting.

Just my view.

Kind regards,

Geoff
How can someone be so stupid and write this crap. Saw the whole thing unfold. All that happened was ARR went from 34 to 27, QF/JQ/DJ performed go arounds due to wx, and after more failed attempts it changed it to 16 ARR and even then there were strong winds causing more missed approaches. Just a windy day!

And whats this about a Jetstar in the way. There wasn't even one in sight let along lined up on R27. Must have been holding on Quebec but even then I didn't see one depart.

If this makes the Sun tommorow I will laugh.

Andrew M
8th January 2011, 08:34 PM
We can blame "Mr Russell, a businessman from Hawthorn"

Reads like he was the one that called/emailed/sms/mms 'ed the Herald Sun and some journalist who thought they would be breaking a potential top news story choose to publish it online. :eek:

Jason H
8th January 2011, 08:35 PM
So....what I gather from the article is that a 767 aborted a landing, and then a jetstar plane lined up on the same runway to takeoff?? What a disaster!!

I don't know what is funnier; the article or the comments that follow :D

D Chan
8th January 2011, 08:42 PM
unfortunately I don't think poor media reporting is limited to just aviation items. The media has a tendency of using pre-prepared scripts so they could break news in time such as interest rate rises. In fact the Australian got it wrong back in November.

Andrew M
8th January 2011, 08:44 PM
Yep the comments are great... At least comment 5 of 6 is aware that the "article" is rubbish.

Andrew M
8th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Oh and two journalists wanted their name on this great article

"Sue Hewitt and James Campbell"

:rolleyes:

Matt_L
9th January 2011, 10:26 AM
Andrew,

i would not be suprised if Mr 'Russell' a businessman from Hawthorn is a fictitious character created by some journo in their southbank office

Tony G
28th January 2011, 02:54 PM
Thought I'd add to this as I dont think it needs a new thread.

Just heard on the Radio that a Qantas flight from London to Melbourne is delayed in Hong Kong for repairs to one of its doors. The radio presenter said it was breaking news and it came from a passenger that decided to ring while waiting in Hong Kong.Unbelievable.

The media might as well sit on a maintenance flight line and report when light bulbs also blow on the aircraft. Now this is getting ridiculous. If the media have a look at other airline maintenance documents, they will see all aircraft require maintenance and components do fail.

Brett o
28th January 2011, 03:34 PM
Agree with you Tony and I wanted to say I applaud all the Qantas pilots in being prepared to put Safety first ALL the time

Not sure of the rego but the flight is due in Melbourne at 23:35 (was due 21:45 )

A McLaughlin
28th January 2011, 03:39 PM
Please don't lump all journalists in the same pot.

We continually have daily and electronic media organisations calling us to comment on Qantas happenings, and if there's a hint they're looking to sensationalise the story, we just won't do it.

Sarah C
28th January 2011, 04:29 PM
Please don't lump all journalists in the same pot.

We continually have daily and electronic media organisations calling us to comment on Qantas happenings, and if there's a hint they're looking to sensationalise the story, we just won't do it.

Agree - there are some very good journalists in Australia who know the business and thier reporting is excellent. Sadly they are being overshadowed by these non-events.

The people writing/reporting on these 'stories' know very little on aviation but don't seem to do thier research either. The same journos will report on anything that sells papers - and they love having people give them the information from 'eyewitness' accounts.