PDA

View Full Version : QF11 "Engine Failure" today

Darren Butterworth
15th January 2011, 04:11 PM
Watching the channel 10 5pm news, there was a "Breaking News" story that QF11 suffered a failure in engine 1.

Just happened to have a channel 10 reporter on it.

Sarah C
15th January 2011, 04:15 PM
VH-OJS departing at 7pm. If the reporter wasn't there, no one would care.

Nadia B-J
15th January 2011, 04:40 PM
Hey Dazza, I saw the clip on Ch 10 news too... here we go again I though... :rolleyes:

They claim is a contained engine failure???

This was "breaking news" because Angela Bishop the Ch 10 entertainment reporter happened to be on board the flight when it occured. :mad:

Think I'll have another Dr Red!

Sarah C
15th January 2011, 05:17 PM
I love how everything related to Qantas has to be linked to the QF32.......particularly any problem with an engine.

Jason H
15th January 2011, 05:57 PM
What was the aircraft with the engine shutdown? VH-OJS is currently in LAX.

Shayne G
15th January 2011, 06:04 PM
On TV it was a Rolls Royce engined 747 with new colours so I'm guessing it may of been OJO, OJS or OJU. However you can take OJS out now so it's probably OJO or OJU.

Jason H
15th January 2011, 06:15 PM
Cheers, yeah it would of been OJO as OJU has One world scheme (I think it still does at least?).

Peter Agatsiotis
15th January 2011, 06:25 PM
It was OJO; I was at the beach and others with me heard a real loud bang is it started its take-off roll, it then stopped and after some tenders investigated it taxied down the runway back to the gate. As there were a/c taxiing up on Alpha OJO couldn't turn off so continued down 34L.

Took a few snaps so will see how they turn out.

Sarah C
15th January 2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.ausbt.com.au/breaking-fire-fighters-called-to-qantas-747

Peter Agatsiotis
16th January 2011, 07:39 AM
Looks like OJL operated the QF11 flight.

Couple of long distance shots of the incident:

First photo is the tenders at the a/c, 2nd is the a/c taxiing for departure and 3rd is OJO taxiing back to the terminal

Greg M
16th January 2011, 03:57 PM
Actually another story tonight on TEN's news.

Sarah C
16th January 2011, 04:19 PM
The same story rehashed...........the A380 return was added, and the JNB turnback last week because some passenger had footage of fuel being dumped. Problems happen to all airlines - they fix them as best they can. Would they prefer to continue on with a problem?

Where is that story template - 10 have obviously used it!

Danny G
16th January 2011, 04:30 PM
I saw Q 11 from the beach commence rolling for take off & just shortly after i heard a loud bang like a car door being slammed or a truck backfire ,took a few seconds to sink in then Q11 rolled down 34L stopped with the tower & ground calling a go round for a Jetstar & other aircraft around to stop.5 fire engines surrounded Q11 with reports on radio of leakage from number one engine. It later went down 34L to 25 & back to a gate. The clear for takeoff & bang were close together. Lucky it was on the ground & not 30 seconds later.