PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT - Proserpine to Brisbane return on Virgin Blue & Jetstar

damian f
21st January 2011, 08:40 AM
Took my first ever flight out of Proserpine recently. The Airport is going through some redevelopments which will hopefully improve it and perhaps encourge more flights to the Whitsundays!

Trip report is here... http://tinyurl.com/4ptfsde

Cheers
Damian

Justin L
21st January 2011, 09:19 AM
Nice trip report Damian. I enjoyed reading it.

AaronBradford
24th January 2011, 06:10 PM
Nice read, Damian.

I used to fly in and out of Proserpine quite a bit during 2004-2006 (used to live there, and only ever flew DJ) and from your photos it still looks the same! Same tiny parking area, same small seating areas. I would usually fly from BNE but they had direct flights from SYD for a while there, and a couple of times I flew to MKY.

In your fifth photo where the construction fence on the left is, that's where the baggage trolley used to drive through from the apron, and then everyone would just grab their bags straight off it! I thought it was crazy. :D

There was one unforgettable arrival into PPP. Left SYD on a cool, cloudy day and when we got there it was full summer with searing heat. I was up the back of the aircraft so one of the first off it down the rear stairs. They opened the door and the heat just hit us like a solid mass and I stepped back because of it. That's North Queensland for you. ;)

Anyway, great report!