PDA

View Full Version : Australian aviation - jan/feb 2011 issue

Bob C
23rd January 2011, 11:50 AM
Hi

The website mentions that this issue would be on sale from 31 December 2010 and I've been calling into various newsagents in the Perth Metro area for two weeks and I haven't seen it on the shelves. Some newsagents told me they don't know when it will arrive.

Does anyone know if it has been on sale in Perth and if I may have missed it (albeit by a day or two) or has distribution been delayed ?

Grahame Hutchison
23rd January 2011, 12:26 PM
Hi Bob,

I have had my Jan/Feb issue of AA deliveered online and hardcopy maybe two weeks back (Sydney).

Bob C
23rd January 2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks Grahame ; I hope that distribution has been delayed in the West as I've visited at least six different newsagents and none can recall seeing it.

Hopefully it will appear on the shelves this week.

Shayne G
23rd January 2011, 01:40 PM
I am in the same senario too! I haven't been able to get the Australian Aviation magazine from any news agents in my area since September.
I think they don't sell it anymore in stores, you need to subscribe to them. :(

Bob C
23rd January 2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Shayne

I've seen AA on the shelves in Perth until this issue so perhaps things may have changed given your experience.

I think a couple of AA journalists contribute to this Message Board so perhaps they can help.

Shayne G
23rd January 2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks Bob C, I think there was some problem with the distribution of the magazine, maybe it is ok in Perth up until this point. Maybe they slowly phased them out from stores, I don't know but it's okay as I said if anyone can no longer get them you should be able to get a subscription for it.
I will be getting a subscription when I can, I've missed a few magazines I really wanted, if anyone knows if Australian Aviation sells back issues I'd like to know :)

Brock Little
23rd January 2011, 08:43 PM
They do Shayne! :)
https://shop.australianaviation.com.au/shop/browse.118

Shayne G
23rd January 2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks Brock! I found that page before but couldn't find it ever since so thanks for finding it. I got some catching up to do :D

Brock Little
24th January 2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks Brock! I found that page before but couldn't find it ever since so thanks for finding it. I got some catching up to do :D

No worries! :)

A McLaughlin
24th January 2011, 03:14 PM
Shayne - Just to clarify, Australian Aviation is and always will be still sold in stores. Our previous distributor was bought out last year so if anyone is not seeing copies in stores where you previously have, we'd be very interested to know (via email to the office please - mail@australianaviation.com.au), so we can chase this up.

The December issue featured an F-111 on the cover and as such, has sold extremely well, so anyone who may have missed it in the newsagents may have just been unlucky. Try a larger newsagent such as those at rail and bus stations or the airport, otherwise drop us a line through the website and we can send one out.

Better still, take out a subscription and never miss one!:cool:

Sarah C
24th January 2011, 03:16 PM
Subcribe and you never have to worry about not having an issue on the stands :p

Brenden S
25th January 2011, 12:08 AM
Bob, it was out the same time I got mine in the mail at my local newsagent. (Mundaring)

Bob C
25th January 2011, 01:00 PM
Got it !!!