PDA

View Full Version : Australian Airlines 747???

Damian N
1st February 2011, 10:12 PM
Hi all. Some years back I read somewhere in a magazine/ newspaper/ internet / forum etc about some plan when Qantas merged with Australian Airlines that these was a thought / early plan / idea to keep the "Australian Airlines" brand but as a leisure/ charter-type carrier. Whilst most of the mainline aircraft were to be absorbed in to the Qantas fleet, the idea was that some older QF aircraft such as 747-200s might be transferred to the Aust Airlines if kept.

Reading this gave me the idea to paint up a large 747-200 model I had at the time in the colours of Australian Airlines. I am probably going to sell this model soon and was looking for any info on this idea/plan to help in an ebay listing description.

Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge or can point me to a link??

Cheers
Damian

PS here is a pic of the model - the livery does look good on the -200s curves!

Jarden S
1st February 2011, 10:39 PM
Yes very sexy curves indeed.

Mario Facchini
2nd February 2011, 08:01 AM
would it not be better to paint it up with the livery of the 2nd incarnation of Australian Airlines (the ochre red colour) ?

Ryan K
2nd February 2011, 08:18 AM
No, the original Australian Airlines livery holds more nostalgia for me!

Damian N
4th February 2011, 08:40 PM
would it not be better to paint it up with the livery of the 2nd incarnation of Australian Airlines (the ochre red colour) ?

Mario....you may be missing the point. The model is already painted up and was a few years back after I read something about an abandoned plan to keep the Australian brand that may have seen QF 742s transferred across.