PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Announces Mark Webber as New Qantas Ambassador

Brett o
2nd February 2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/au/publicaffairs/details?ArticleID=2011/feb11/5066

News

Qantas Announces Mark Webber as New Qantas Ambassador
Melbourne, 02 February 2011

Qantas today announced a new Qantas Ambassador as part of its support of the 2011 Formula 1(tm) Qantas Australian Grand Prix.

Qantas Chief Executive Officer, Mr Alan Joyce, said Qantas was proud to support Australia's Formula One driver and welcomed Mark to the Qantas team.

"Mark Webber is an Australian sporting champion and we look forward to working with and supporting Mark, not only in Australia but throughout his Grand Prix season globally," said Mr Joyce.

"Qantas has supported the Australian Formula One Grand Prix since its inception 25 years ago and our new relationship with Mark Webber as a Qantas Ambassador is a fitting addition to this partnership."

Mark Webber said he was honoured to have been chosen as a Qantas Ambassador.

"Qantas is such an iconic Australian brand. As a sportsperson, I love representing my country on the world stage and being a Qantas Ambassador means I can represent Qantas wherever I am in the world," Mr Webber said.

"I am very fortunate to be racing in front of my home crowd again and the driver parade lap is when it really hits home that all the Aussie fans are there cheering you on."

The 2011 Formula 1(tm) Qantas Australian Grand Prix will be held at Albert Park in Melbourne from 24-27 March.

Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (5066)
Email: qantasmedia@qantas.com.au

Jarden S
2nd February 2011, 04:30 PM
Will they still keep Travolta or is Mark is his replacement.

Alex Lui
2nd February 2011, 04:36 PM
I think you will find they will keep Travolta as an ambassador but have Webber as another ambassador as well. Just like Cathy Freeman is an ambassador, as is Kieran Perkins etc... I think this is just another addition to the Qantas stable to promote certain areas that Qantas supports.

I would find it extremely hard to believe they would cut ties with Travolta.

Alex.

Ryan K
3rd February 2011, 09:08 AM
Especially when QF have only just re-done their safety demonstration video with JT talking about "the team".