PDA

View Full Version : QF32 divert DXB

Kieran Wells
14th February 2011, 05:18 PM
Just heard it on the news QF32 diverted to Dubai, due to not having permission to fly over Iraq...

Looks like it was tonights arriving QF32 - Landed into Singapore at 12.18 Local(3.18pm AEST). Now scheduled to arrive Sydney 6.10am.

Laurent Sanhard
14th February 2011, 05:43 PM
due to not having permission to overfly Iraq , never heard this before

Brock Little
14th February 2011, 06:21 PM
Maybe it missed its time slot to do the flyover? I've heard that flights (such as QF32) are allocated timeslots to fly through Iraq airspace.

Kieran Wells
14th February 2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks Laurent.. In my haste to post, missed the most important word lol..

Laurent Sanhard
14th February 2011, 08:33 PM
A Qantas spokeswoman told AAP that Iraq air services would not allow the flight into Iraq air space on Monday as they did not "recognise the authority" who had pre-approved the flight path.

still sounds a bit odd to me:confused:

Tony G
14th February 2011, 08:42 PM
So I take it the early morning arrival would be due to the aircraft not being able to make the YSSY curfew. If so would the passengers get a room or wait in Singapore for a few more hours in the terminal. They would most likely get a food voucher Im guessing.

Brock Little
14th February 2011, 09:57 PM
The latest report goes well until...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8210999/qantas-flight-barred-from-iraq-airspace

The QF32 is the same flight number of the A380 Airbus which suffered an engine explosion flying from Singapore to Sydney on November 4 2010.

:rolleyes:

Robert S
14th February 2011, 10:37 PM
SMH has lifted the same moronic article from AAP.

Robert S
14th February 2011, 11:17 PM
So I take it the early morning arrival would be due to the aircraft not being able to make the YSSY curfew. If so would the passengers get a room or wait in Singapore for a few more hours in the terminal. They would most likely get a food voucher Im guessing.

Singapore Airport website has STA 08:00 ATA 12:18 from London-Heath via Dubai. Given 12:18 is 15:18 in Sydney there would be no way to do the turnaround and still make curfew. It ended up leaving SIN at 20:13, 15 minutes ahead of QF6.

There are definitely worse places to spend an 8 hour stopover, especially if Qantas clearly gave pax an indication of when they needed to be back at the gate by.

EDIT: Having just searched Twitter, I'm going to surmise that none of the pax on QF32 tonight has a Twitter account. :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm sure the media scrum will be out tomorrow morning to record their tales of woe the old fashioned way. :)

Benny Zheng
15th February 2011, 01:06 AM
QF32 departed Singapore at 2013LT. So expect it tomorrow morning in Sydney :) Aircraft is VH-OQD.