PDA

View Full Version : Number Of Images In A Post

Grahame Hutchison
21st March 2008, 08:26 AM
It appears that you can only have 4 visible images in a post. If these are hyperlinked from another web site with the xxx (???) format, is there any reason why this could not be increased ?

Nigel C
21st March 2008, 08:34 AM
I personally find it quite annoying when I open a thread which contains 15+ pictures, then have to wait until they all load so I can finally scroll down to the bottom of the page just so I can read the last relevant post.

I don't mind if it's left at 4 pics at a time.

My 2 cents.

Grant Smith
21st March 2008, 09:14 AM
I'll see your 2 cents Nige and raise you 2 cents...

How about just hyperlinking them all instead, this after all is a "message board"

:cool:

SteveW
21st March 2008, 09:37 AM
How about getting a sticky somewhere which tells people how to create reasonably sized thumbnails that in turn link to a full sized image?

I really like having all the photos on pages and once you have visited the page a single time, those images are cached anyway so it's not like you have to download them all twice.

I'm for more than four!

[Hmm, I see a t-shirt campaign coming....]

Steve

Kim F
21st March 2008, 09:52 AM
How about getting a sticky somewhere which tells people how to create reasonably sized thumbnails that in turn link to a full sized image?

I really like having all the photos on pages and once you have visited the page a single time, those images are cached anyway so it's not like you have to download them all twice.

I'm for more than four!

[Hmm, I see a t-shirt campaign coming....]

Steve

I'm with him !

Kurt A
21st March 2008, 02:12 PM
Hey Grahame,

Thanks for the heads up.
I've pushed the allowable limit up to 10 pics per post.

We'll work on some reasonable parameters around this functionality, as we slowly ease ourselves back into existence.

That should be enough for now.

Tim C
21st March 2008, 02:26 PM
I think the majority of people have broadband connections and do not have to wait more than a couple of seconds for them to load. As said after one load they are cached and not downloaded again anyway.

I enjoy pictures in posts where warranted especially trip reports.

Cheers

Grahame Hutchison
21st March 2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the great thumbnail suggestion. I have worked out how to use thumbnail hyperlinks to the large version of the image.

I created a web version of the high res image (about 100k max) and a thumbnail version (150x100 pixels at 72pixels/inch) and uploaded them to a folder on my web site.

On the Message Board post, just include the reference to both images (tn=thumbnail) as below, and it is all done. I had to add "ref" after the [codes] to stop them from operating here.

http://www.///image_tn.jpg

Have a look at http://yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?p=255#post255

Unfortunately the new 10 image limit still applies to the post.