PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Shavers In Hand Luggage

Ryan N
20th February 2011, 04:28 PM
Are disposable shavers allowed on board an aircraft as hand luggage or do they have to be carried as checked luggage? I've always wondered about this and don't want to carry an electric shaver on short trips.

Sarah C
20th February 2011, 04:44 PM
Gotta be checked - razors are one of the main things they are looking for.

Adam G
20th February 2011, 04:55 PM
It actually depends whether it's a safety razor or not.

More info: http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/

Rob R
20th February 2011, 05:26 PM
I've been carrying them in my carry on bag for the last 2 years and have never had a problem.

Matt D
20th February 2011, 05:50 PM
I keep my disposable razor in clear view in the plastic bag with the gels, liquids. It's never been questioned in any of my many flights in the last year.

Max C
20th February 2011, 06:36 PM
I've had a Gillette razor (including the replacement cartridges) in my overnight bag as cary on for 3 years now and never once been stopped or questioned on it. :D

Greg McDonald
20th February 2011, 06:59 PM
And yet the security naz1s confiscated a small shifter spanner last time I flew...this spanner was 5cm long and used for computer work but I was told it could be used as a weapon:eek::eek:
Even though I said 'only if I want to attack a mouse' it was still taken.:mad::mad:

Ryan N
20th February 2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys. So I guess I will carry them and show it to the security officers. It's not too much of an inconvenience if they take it off me.