PDA

View Full Version : REX & ADSB

Donald H
18th March 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi all. Just noticed today that all REX flights are showing as Mode S only in Basestation. Anybody else seeing this? They've always been ADSB in the past.

All other A/C appear normally.

Noel White
18th March 2011, 02:33 PM
Funny you should mention that Donald, VH-ZLV as RXA9701, is currently displaying full ADS-B patterns of the northern coast of Sydney. Has been in the area for over 40 minutes.

Chris B.
19th March 2011, 08:37 AM
All A and B models have mode S transponders. There's only a handful of B+ models ADSB capable. VH-ZLV is one of those. All other B+ models are Flight ID equipped.

Chris W
25th March 2011, 12:22 AM
ADSB a/cft add about 16 minutes to the time it takes to enter flight plans each day. Time that could be better spent looking out the window at a brick wall.

Adam P.
25th March 2011, 08:24 AM
That got a chuckle out of me Chris.

Surely it's not that bad??? :)

Donald H
26th March 2011, 11:23 AM
All A and B models have mode S transponders. There's only a handful of B+ models ADSB capable. VH-ZLV is one of those. All other B+ models are Flight ID equipped.

Thanks for that. I had been seeing so many on screen flights in Syd that I assumed they were all equipped with ADSB.

Chris W
27th March 2011, 08:51 AM
It would be pretty close to on the money Adam, an extra 5 secs per plan and you know how many there are.