PDA

View Full Version : Earning QF Frequent Flyer Points on BA

Ryan K
25th March 2011, 10:32 AM
I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with this query....

I'm looking to book a flight through Expedia from SYD-MAD and then return from LIS-SYD. These are discounted economy flights, but I'm wondering how many QF points I can earn. These flights are operated by British Airways. The QF website tells me that I can earn 1 base point from flights to/from LHR from Australia, however what I can't work out is if I'll still earn 1 base point flying to MAD and back to Australia from LIS. The flights go via LHR both ways.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Kieran Wells
25th March 2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Ryan,
I tried to look at my activity statement but it won't come up. I remember 2 years ago, when i flew BA and QF to London. On the BA16 leg up to London, I think i got more QFF points than when i did QF32 2 weeks later for some reason. I have a feeling somehow, that you will get more than the 1 base point on the BA LHR-Spain/portugal sectors. Not sure how it works, but just a thought. Ill be flying BA in 2 months LHR-SEA, so will be interesting..

Kieran

Ryan K
25th March 2011, 02:08 PM
Cheers Kieran.

Ash W
25th March 2011, 04:09 PM
Hi Ryan,
I tried to look at my activity statement but it won't come up. I remember 2 years ago, when i flew BA and QF to London. On the BA16 leg up to London, I think i got more QFF points than when i did QF32 2 weeks later for some reason. I have a feeling somehow, that you will get more than the 1 base point on the BA LHR-Spain/portugal sectors. Not sure how it works, but just a thought. Ill be flying BA in 2 months LHR-SEA, so will be interesting..

Kieran

It is all on the Qantas website here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/partners/airline/british-airways

In discount economy you should by all rights earn 1 point per mile on the BA flight to/from Aus to London (same as Qantas) and 0.25 for discount economy on BA around Europe.

Though must admit I recently flew LCY to to Zurich in discount economy but got 1 base point per mile when it should have been 0.25 according to the Qantas earning table.