PDA

View Full Version : QF 6 Diversion to KL

Garry Emanuel
28th March 2011, 06:17 AM
Noticed this yesterday evening which has given rise to a 3 hour delay today in to Sydney.

Weather, technical, health or other reason ?

Jakef
28th March 2011, 06:30 AM
Doubting technical as the sensationalist media has not got hold of it yet

Peter Agatsiotis
28th March 2011, 09:20 AM
VH-OJA was on QF6 which has just arrived.

(Actually snapped OJA on Friday as QF5!)

Fred C
28th March 2011, 10:44 AM
Weather.

Garry Emanuel
29th March 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks all.

On the subject of OJA - it is minus the Premium Economy, however, from memory, Frankfurt is now meant to have that as an offering.

A couple of weeks back, I had OJS on QF5 (with premium) and OJC on QF6 (no premium).

Are the PE paying flyers getting business upgrade or are there no paying customers for PE ?

Jason H
29th March 2011, 08:21 PM
As far as I know, they are using 20 or so business seats for premium economy passengers, and reduce the business seats to be sold to around 30. This means they get the skybed for the price of premium economy. :D

This is what happened around a year ago, not sure if they still do this as they only have the one aircraft without premium

Garry Emanuel
29th March 2011, 08:48 PM
as they only have the one aircraft without premium

That being OJA ?????

According to website, there are 5 - OJA, OJC, OJD, OJE and OJJ.

Have there been a number of refits and these are not reflected in the "seat maps" ?

Fred C
30th March 2011, 09:29 AM
OJC & OJD do not have Premium Economy. Although OJC will shortly have it added and I suspect OJD shortly thereafter.

All the other 747's do have it.:)

Jason H
30th March 2011, 03:53 PM
I thought that only OJI and OJB had premium too among the previous 2 class 747s, but I was informed last week that there is only 1 left without premium. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure

Fred C
26th April 2011, 08:39 AM
All the 747's have premium economy now, and I am entirely sure.:D

Fred C
6th June 2011, 10:18 AM
Well apparently I was wrong.:o

As VH-OJD has been placed permanently on the SYD PER run there were no premium economy seats placed on at it's last heavy check. 2 class only. So it would be the only 747 in the fleet that doesn't have premium economy.:D