PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 747-400 - Rear Seats

Jason Mac
20th April 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

I am after some info on the rear seats (74A or 75A) on a Qantas 747-400. I am flying to Singapore with the wife and wanted to know if these seats are any good. Happy that they are at the back of the aircraft. From some images I have seen, there seems to be a bit of room between the seat and the bulkhead ???

Cheers
Jason

Nick Te Mata
20th April 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Jason,

There is indeed a bit of space in between the A seat and the side wall; this makes it difficult to lean on for sleep, but otherwise terrific if travelling in a pair. I feel as though 74A/K et al are much more spacious than any other economy window on the aircraft. The only downside is a rather long deplane but they're my preferred seats in economy on a 747 and I've always felt as though the spaciousness and ease of aisle access more than makes up for the wait at the end of the flight.

Ryan K
20th April 2011, 02:51 PM
I agree, they are great seats. My partner and I are travelling to the USA next month and I've requested 70J and 70K (isle and window) on the way back to Australia. There's a lot of room around you and it's great not having a stranger climbing over you to get to the toilets - and vice versa!

Michael Cleary
20th April 2011, 06:20 PM
On the Qantas (and most other airlines) 744's, the last 4 outboard rows (not the centre rows) are 2 seats, due to the tapering of the rear fuselage.

On Qantas the row nos are 70-73 (not 74 and 75, which are the centre 4 seat block only). 71A/K are probably the best as you effectively get some extra legroom (70 has got the row of 3 ahead) and the gap to the wall narrows for the 2 behind. Dont expect to use that gap for bag storage during TO and Landing though - the FA's on my last experience said no.

Seatmaps are here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/aircraft-seat-map-boeing-744/global/en

Jason Mac
21st April 2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks to all who replied, I appreciated your time and comments

Regards
Jason