PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT: Brisbane-Sydney Return - Virgin Blue E-190/B737

damian f
30th April 2011, 08:31 PM
Evening all,

Here is a recent trip report from a Brisbane to Sydney and return plane spotting weekend.

A few pics of the new centre finger terminal at the Brisbane Domestic Terminal - some plane opportunities exist in the toilets!!

I had awful weather in Sydney, but a couple of great flights and some good service from Virgin Blue. This was the first time I had seen their new cabin uniforms and I think they are quite nice. I'm not too sure about the in-flight menu - reckon there could be some more options, but I suppose for those who only want a snack, then it is adequate!

Enjoy the read - plenty of pics - some videos will be uploaded soon - mostly of the take-off and landing out the cabin window!

You can find the report here: http://tinyurl.com/3noqh76

Cheers
Damian

Grant Smith
30th April 2011, 09:27 PM
A few pics of the new centre finger terminal at the Brisbane Domestic Terminal - some plane opportunities exist in the toilets!!

Do you know a former member of this board - Ti Dak? He was always in the airport toilets around Australia photographing.

Has anyone seen or heard from Ti? His contributions offered an interesting perspectives...

Craig Murray
1st May 2011, 07:48 AM
The legendary Ti Dak, a poster to what I think was the original format of this board, would be proud of this location.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-07nEqLGpd3g/TbVbvfkaebI/AAAAAAAABOU/S4AIFhfVca0/s1600/IMG_0136.JPG

Good view but it isn't the place I would feel comfortable to "loiter" in with a camera!

For the record, the new Common User Satellite terminal here in Brisbane was officially opened on Friday 29 April 2011 by Acting Prime Minister and Treasurer Wayne Swan.

Nigel C
1st May 2011, 09:02 AM
Does anyone keep in contact with Ti Dak? He's one of the 'old' board members who really added some spice and useful information to the board.

Sadly we haven't heard anything from him for quite some time. I sincerely hope everything's ok.

Mick F
1st May 2011, 09:20 AM
Nigel,
Last I heard from Ti Dak, he was in talks with "Duck" the toilet cleaner about doing an ad in an airport toilet, complete with camera around his neck.

Agree, his posts are severely missed on this board, he opened us up to that whole other side of spotting, the airport toilets.

Cheers

Mick

damian f
1st May 2011, 07:10 PM
Good view but it isn't the place I would feel comfortable to "loiter" in with a camera!

Suffice to say that I was the ONLY person in the toilet at that time!

In fact I was the only person in that part of the terminal too! I did think that it may not have been open...

Damian

A McLaughlin
4th May 2011, 08:54 PM
Not THE Ti Dak??? Legend!

Nigel C
4th May 2011, 09:10 PM
To quote the movie Highlander....

There can be only one!