PDA

View Full Version : East West Airlines Hudson colour info required

Tony P
21st March 2008, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

Looking for information regarding the colour schemes for EWA Hudsons that they used after World War 2. I have searched on the net (the AU lockheed site)and have the book by Archie Smith "East West Eagles". Both sources do not provide an appreciation of what was applied. I do not have the Wilson Ailriners books , so not sure what info that would have. Does anyone know who I could contact about East West Hudsons?

The one I am interested in is now flown by the Temora avaition museum.

From what I can gther, the aircraft were natural metal. Had the rego on the tail and had "East West Airlines" on the fuselage in red letters with white outlines. The aircraft has a cheatline and the area in front of the windscreen is a dark colour which I have no idea. Might be black, maybe blue. A lockheeed Hudson badge was on the nose.

If anyone has any further information or knows where I could go to get more, I would be most pleased.

I would also appreciate if someone could look at there Airliners in Service books by Stewart Wilson to see what he has in there.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Brenden S
22nd March 2008, 04:45 PM
Try the W.A. museum as I am sure I have seen some pics when I was searching for MMA photos.