PDA

View Full Version : jetstar

Craig Lindsay
18th May 2008, 07:24 PM
My brother was booked to fly to cairns from yssy on friday morning.He turned up and was was told the flight was cancelled .After much argument he was put on a international flight,which stopped at cairns.He wont be flying jetstar again

Nigel C
18th May 2008, 08:09 PM
If he keeps that record going, then I reckon in 5 years time he won't be flying with anyone!

Craig Lindsay
18th May 2008, 08:26 PM
If he keeps that record going, then I reckon in 5 years time he won't be flying with anyone!

yeah
im going to buy him a bike

Chris Tully
18th May 2008, 08:34 PM
Craig, I am afraid your brother would have been re-accommodated to another flight before he even knew about it.

JQ would have either offered a refund or offered an alternative flight upon his arrival.

There is not really any argument here...

Clarke P
18th May 2008, 08:37 PM

Agreed!

S*** happens, flights get cancelled, that could easily have been QANTAS.

Craig Lindsay
18th May 2008, 08:42 PM
Craig, I am afraid your brother would have been re-accommodated to another flight before he even knew about it.

JQ would have either offered a refund or offered an alternative flight upon his arrival.

There is not really any argument here...

A refund is ok if its not your honeymoon and a hotel is booked

Greg F
18th May 2008, 09:02 PM
My brother was booked to fly to cairns from yssy on friday morning.He turned up and was was told the flight was cancelled .After much argument he was put on a international flight,which stopped at cairns.He wont be flying jetstar again

Australia, You have a choice

in most cases I have seen/heard its all about the way you handle yourself. Yell scream swear... You will achieve very little. Be Calm yet assertive and in most cases you will achieve something

Dave Parer
18th May 2008, 09:07 PM
I actually noticed that both Jetstar Sydney-Cairns (and returns) flights were cancelled on Friday.

Did an aircraft go u/s perhaps?

Chris Tully
18th May 2008, 09:42 PM
A refund is ok if its not your honeymoon and a hotel is booked

Surely your brother was smart enough to take out travellers insurance to protect them considering it was a 'honeymoon' and a 'hotel was booked'?

Mick M
18th May 2008, 10:08 PM
and it really wouldn't have been an international flight they put him on considering that it stopped in Cairns.........................

I've had enough of all this bollocks.........go get the world's smallest violin someone.......Ray Rowe was heard playing it last when Nigel mentioned Ansett and Low Cost Carrier in the same breath!

Chris Tully
18th May 2008, 10:41 PM
and it really wouldn't have been an international flight they put him on considering that it stopped in Cairns.........................

I am afraid it is an International service. A 'tag' flight to Japan via Cairns.

Full International treatment:

International flight number
International terminal
Immigration

Mick M
18th May 2008, 10:57 PM
Not if it STOPPED in Cairns it wasn't.......now if you mean he travelled as a domestic passenger on a "D" sticker to Cairns that'd be different then would it.........;)

Rhys Xanthis
18th May 2008, 11:52 PM

Domestic sector of one for sure.

Flight QF167 to Tokyo stopping in Cairns for 1 hour. Left YSSY (sched) 8:05am.

Would have done the entire customs D sticker etc for sure.

Chris Tully
19th May 2008, 05:26 PM
I am sorry, but the flight is a full International service regardless if it stopped in Cairns.

It operates as the same flight number all the way through and receives full International treatment.

Regardless of the fact that he travelled as a Domestic customer i.e. 'D' sticker, the response to the question and it really wouldn't have been an international flight they put him on considering that it stopped in Cairns......................... is that he was put on an International service!

Mick M
19th May 2008, 06:00 PM
Obviously the irony is lost on you so I'll consign you to the same basket we put Lukas, Craig, Marty and a few others into...........You may want to refer to the Dyson and Hoover book of definitions, or the Dyson and Hoover Compendium of Flight.

Anyways, I think a couple of cans of Toughen Up might be in order here!

Michael Morrison
19th May 2008, 07:45 PM
was told the flight was cancelled .After much argument he was put on a international flight,which stopped at cairns.

What time was he due to fly and what time did he end up flying?

Whats the fuss if it goes through the international terminal?

Marty H
19th May 2008, 07:46 PM
Obviously the irony is lost on you so I'll consign you to the same basket we put Lukas, Craig, Marty and a few others into...........You may want to refer to the Dyson and Hoover book of definitions, or the Dyson and Hoover Compendium of Flight.

Anyways, I think a couple of cans of Toughen Up might be in order here!

Im in a basket?

Mick M
19th May 2008, 09:09 PM
Well der, of course you are. The basket of board regulars who love this place so much they didn't show up for the beer and skittles (and did I mention beer?) at the Rowers! And granted Marty it is a little way to get up here but on your staffy rate you have no excuse next time. Will and Amsy were both mightily offended that so many of the new leading edge failed to appear. Will wants to ban everybody that didn't show up, Kurt went home in tears and Granny, well we won't talk about the effect it had on him.

So if you want to get out of the basket, toughen up, roster up book up and be here for the next get together. ( Insert throw up here for Granny!)

So yeah, that's where it's at cats.

Craig Lindsay
19th May 2008, 09:19 PM
Speaking with my brother today,there was about 30 people moved to the A330,so he thought that the domestic flight was cancelled because it didnt have enough people flying and there where some spare seats on the internatonal flight so they moved them.

Grant Smith
19th May 2008, 09:49 PM
Will and Amsy were both mightily offended that so many of the new leading edge failed to appear. Will wants to ban everybody that didn't show up, Kurt went home in tears and Granny, well we won't talk about the effect it had on him.

What about the effect it had on Adam http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_2.gif

Marty H
19th May 2008, 09:54 PM
Well der, of course you are. The basket of board regulars who love this place so much they didn't show up for the beer and skittles (and did I mention beer?) at the Rowers! And granted Marty it is a little way to get up here but on your staffy rate you have no excuse next time. Will and Amsy were both mightily offended that so many of the new leading edge failed to appear. Will wants to ban everybody that didn't show up, Kurt went home in tears and Granny, well we won't talk about the effect it had on him.

So if you want to get out of the basket, toughen up, roster up book up and be here for the next get together. ( Insert throw up here for Granny!)

So yeah, that's where it's at cats.

No issue about coming up, was working over the w/end so tad hard to make it, my sincere apologies to all who were disapointed in my non attendance.