PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar among world's best

Lukas M
21st May 2008, 03:55 PM
JETSTAR will compete against some of the world's best low-cost carriers, after it was announced the airline has been nominated for a top aviation industry award. The airline will face off against four other carriers for the prestigious Best Low Cost Airline at the 26th Official Airline Guide Industry Awards(OAG).
EasyJet, Ryanair, Southwest Airlines and last year's winner jetBlue are the other airlines nominated in the category.
The event will see a total of 45 different airlines compete in 15 regional and global categories, including last year's Airline of the Year British Airways.
"The nominees have already been voted amongst the very best in the world in their respective categories and we at OAG congratulate them on this achievement," said OAG CEO Alan Glass.
The annual OAG Airline Industry Awards celebrates the very best in global air travel and publicly recognises the highest standards within the industry.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,26058,23734883-5014090,00.html

Go Jetstar!

Torin Wilson
21st May 2008, 04:03 PM
When you guys call JQ to book, or change flights do you ever get put through to the Malaysian call centre?

Greg F
21st May 2008, 04:53 PM
Ive only spoken to JQ on the phone twice and both Aussies.
I do believe its outsourced but to a Melbourne based mob...

Mark Howarth
21st May 2008, 05:43 PM
Jetstar does outsource some of their GCC work to a mob in Manila, Philippines.

Cheers
Mark

Michael Morrison
21st May 2008, 06:01 PM
Jetstar are pretty good with their service - especially if compared ot Easyjet & Ryanair

As for the call centre it is outsourced to a company called SalesForce I believe. They also used to do the Ansett Global Rewards call centre back in the day.

Chris Tully
21st May 2008, 06:04 PM
That is correct. SalesForce have been the provider of the Jetstar Call Centre from day one.

I was not aware that there was outsourcing to Malaysia. If anything, this would be overflow, however the Melbourne based call centre is 24 hours...

Lukas M
21st May 2008, 06:09 PM
SalesForce have been the provider of the Jetstar Call Centre
Is there call centre located at Jetstar HQ in Bourke Street??

Torin Wilson
21st May 2008, 06:20 PM
That is correct. SalesForce have been the provider of the Jetstar Call Centre from day one.

I was not aware that there was outsourcing to Malaysia. If anything, this would be overflow, however the Melbourne based call centre is 24 hours...

From what I've been told calling from Aus gets Aus all centre, and I believe Japan may also be put through to Aus. From NZ however, you get Malaysia. The experience talking to Malaysia vs. that of Aus is a remarkably different one. Their understanding of English seems very limited.

Ellis Taylor
21st May 2008, 06:44 PM
Is there call centre located at Jetstar HQ in Bourke Street??

No its actually somewhere in Carlton. Part of a larger SalesForce centre as far as I know. It's pretty much strictly head office and operations control at Bourke Street.

Andrew M
21st May 2008, 07:30 PM
JQ - Always Australia when I call them.

Never ever try to call Tiger, most of the time the phones are not answered, and if they are they are worse than speaking to a robot.

Based on that alone NEVER flying Tiger or trying to fly Tiger again no matter how cheap the fares are!

Torin Wilson
21st May 2008, 07:36 PM
JQ - Always Australia when I call them.

Never ever try to call Tiger, most of the time the phones are not answered, and if they are they are worse than speaking to a robot.

Based on that alone NEVER flying Tiger or trying to fly Tiger again no matter how cheap the fares are!

Tigers Australian call centre is terrible, however speaking to them in Singapore they are very efficient and a pleasure to deal with. Pretty good onboard too, when taking into account they are LCC or ULCC (which ever they actually are).

Chris Tully
21st May 2008, 08:52 PM
Sales Force are located in Carlton, Melbourne and Jetstar is one of many contracts Sales Force has.

JQ Head Office in Bourke street houses all departments within the airline.

Malcolm Parker
22nd May 2008, 10:57 AM
Virgin Blue has a big call centre in Manila , however the quality of English spoken through that centre is quite good.

Andrew P
22nd May 2008, 02:10 PM
Virgin Blue has a big call centre in Manila , however the quality of English spoken through that centre is quite good.

What is the world's 3rd largest English-speaking nation, next to the USA and the UK?

The Philippines.

Banjo

Michael Morrison
22nd May 2008, 06:53 PM
What is the world's 3rd largest English-speaking nation, next to the USA and the UK?

The Philippines.

Really?

I would have though India would have been up there... I thought they had something like 100 million English speakers (which is more than each of the UK (60-80m?) and Phillipine (90m>) total population!)

Lukas M
22nd May 2008, 07:30 PM
Congratulations!

Australia's leading cheap flights provider awarded Carrier of the Year two years running.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT

Australia’s leading low cost airline has been awarded the title of Low Cost Carrier of the Year 2007 in the Asia Pacific region. The award was presented by the Centre of Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) for the second year in the row following the airline receiving the prestigious award in 2006.

The airline was also the winner of the world's Best Low-Cost Airline Award for 2007 by Skytrax. The airline began flying within Australia in May 2004 and within only 6 months had expanded to Asia as well. Jetstar’s fresh approach to low cost travel in the region with its brand-new fleet, great destinations and friendly crew sets a new standard for cheap air travel, allowing customers worldwide to travel more often.

With its base in Melbourne, Jetstar is the Australian leader in cheap flights and their hold over the cheap flight market is immense. Jetstar currently flies to over 50 domestic and international destinations with this list expanding every year. Current destinations include most capital cities in Australia, namely Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart and Darwin as well as many regional locations including popular holiday spots Cairns, Townsville, the Gold Cost, Hamilton Island and Newcastle. The airline’s extensive list of international destinations includes the United States, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam to name a few. With Jetstar’s everyday low rates, travellers are now realising that you don’t have to spend a fortune to fly to Australia with so many cheap flights widely available today.

Jetstar is the leader amongst cheap flight providers. The company is continuously improving on the services it provides so that customers can find no room for complaint- while it has associations with all leading airline companies to ensure quality services, it also has an isolated management body to ensure flight prices do not soar. Apart from the cost benefits, Jetstar flights let customers fly in comfort. The company has a world class fleet- the aircrafts are well-maintained to ensure that customers are satisfied with every flight. The fleet consists of Airbus 320’s and Boeing 717’s.

The specialty of the carriers owned by the company is that they are extremely comfortable and also stylish at the same time. Each aircraft is single-aisled and carries about 180 passengers. Jetstar customers needn’t have to worry about space. Jetstar prides itself on being able to provide a relaxed, comfortable journey at all times.

Jetstar has recently introduced its new premium cabin StarClass, available on all international Jetstar services operated by the Airbus A330. Designed for those customers who wish to travel in comfort and not spend a fortune, StarClass is the perfect option with spacious leather seating, quality in-flight service, priority check-in and your own personal video-on demand unit. For those looking for cheap air travel in Asia or Australia combined with great in-flight services, Jetstar is a great option to be considered.

For travellers across the globe, Jetstar is their first stop for cheap flights. The airline has recently launched its new product Jetstar Light with a new option providing even lower fares then previously offered. With huge savings to be made, a customer holding a JetSaver Light fare may travel only with carry-on baggage with up to 10 kilograms in a standard size bag. Travellers looking to take a short leisure break or business trip will benefit from the airlines wide range of low cost flight options.
http://www.prurgent.com/2008-05-21/pressrelease12001.htm

Rhys Xanthis
22nd May 2008, 08:47 PM
JQ dont have any B717's left do they?

Chris Tully
22nd May 2008, 09:24 PM
They finished a long time ago.

Rhys Xanthis
22nd May 2008, 10:03 PM
They finished a long time ago.

Yeah thats what i thought..not part of the LCC model to have 2 different a/c types (let alone different manufacturers!)

Brendan Lawrence
23rd May 2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah thats what i thought..not part of the LCC model to have 2 different a/c types (let alone different manufacturers!)

LOL, even though in a couple of years time we'll be operating 4 different types from 2 different manufacturers (A320, A321, A330, B787)... but ehh! who said you have to stick to that "LCC model" down to the letter. :p

Virgin Blue have differentiated themselves so much from that "LCC model" with the various frills they've introduced that I don't know how one would categorise that airline now. "New World Carrier" in some respects, but LCC still in that you pay for your onboard snacks/refreshments and entertainment. :confused: They are still in the Low-Cost Airline category on the Skytrax World Airline Survey. I wonder how far an airline has to transform themselves with introducing full-service airline type offerings before they are no longer considered or classed as a Low-Cost Carrier? And I wonder if DJ will one day leave the LCC category completely or continue to have a finger in every pie? lol.

Grant Smith
23rd May 2008, 01:47 AM

The Philippines.

Banjo

Where did you pull that stat from?

:confused:

Andrew P
23rd May 2008, 06:27 AM
Where did you pull that stat from?

:confused:

It is an know fact, although I may have to defer to Michael M comment about India, another one to think about is Nigeria, but that country uses a form of Pidgin English.

The difference with India vs. Philippines is there may be able to read/write English but may not be able to hold a conversation in English.

In the PI, and its US influence, everyone can speak English; all signs, packaging etc are in English; TV programmes & movies from USA are not dubbed into Tagalog, but shown in English; schools teach in English; the courts, even lower courts, use English, and all commercial paperwork is in English.

Don’t forget more people speak English in Germany than Australia.

Banjo

Grant Smith
23rd May 2008, 08:10 AM
It is an know fact, although I may have to defer to Michael M comment about India, another one to think about is Nigeria, but that country uses a form of Pidgin English.

The difference with India vs. Philippines is there may be able to read/write English but may not be able to hold a conversation in English.

In the PI, and its US influence, everyone can speak English; all signs, packaging etc are in English; TV programmes & movies from USA are not dubbed into Tagalog, but shown in English; schools teach in English; the courts, even lower courts, use English, and all commercial paperwork is in English.

Don’t forget more people speak English in Germany than Australia.

Banjo

A known fact? Hmmm I would beg to differ, and if your getting your "known facts" from wikipedia then you would note that the Philippines falls in at #5...

But back to topic, how about that Jetstar eh? Sheesh who'd a thought...

Philip Argy
23rd May 2008, 08:11 AM
Whilst I do not regard Wikipedia as authoritative on too many things, this article seems to present the position accurately:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_languages_of_India

Andrew P
23rd May 2008, 09:24 AM
A known fact? Hmmm I would beg to differ, and if your getting your "known facts" from wikipedia then you would note that the Philippines falls in at #5...

no was not using wikipeda, but a Pinoy Facts

Filipinos were introduced to the English language in 1762 by British invaders, not Americans.

What is the world's 3rd largest English-speaking nation, next to the USA and the UK? The Philippines.

and more important facts like

The first person to bungee jump off the Statue of Liberty was a Filipino!!

Banjo

Craig Lindsay
25th May 2008, 08:58 PM
They may be voted the best but stuffed if ill fly with them again.Ive been screwed by deathstar one to many times

Greg F
26th May 2008, 08:35 AM
They may be voted the best but stuffed if ill fly with them again.Ive been screwed by deathstar one to many times

bit over the top.....

Although so many people say they hate Jetstar I know for a fact that out of at least one port JQ's loads are a lot higher the DJ's.... still not full but a considerable amount higher than Virgins......:p

Lukas M
26th May 2008, 09:00 AM
I know for a fact that out of at least one port JQ's loads are a lot higher the DJ's.
OOL? MEL?

Greg F
26th May 2008, 10:06 AM
OOL? MEL?

Also HBA-MEL

Lukas M
26th May 2008, 08:36 PM
Hi, anyone manage to recieve a $100 Jetstar voucher offer, or just $25 and $50's?

Raymond Rowe
26th May 2008, 08:49 PM
I got a 25 dollar offer.

Lukas M
26th May 2008, 09:04 PM
$25 http://www.jetstar.com/jetMail/2008_05/25-travel-voucher/index.html

$50 http://www.jetstar.com/jetMail/2008_05/50-travel-voucher/index.html

$100 http://www.jetstar.com/jetMail/2008_05/100-travel-voucher/index.html

Only what your email receives is what you get if taking up the offer