PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Identification Card

Paul McFarlane
13th July 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi all,

With upcoming changes to legislation, Mount Gambier Airport is looking at printing our own VIC's.

I would like to know from somone that has experience at an airport that produces and prints their own VIC's.

ie. Software options, hardware options (card printer) and any costs. Or is just easier to print on paper and laminate it!! :)

There seem to be many card printers and programs out there but I am not sure if they are able to produce VIC's to the ATSR standard.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. (feel free to use private message if you need)

Cheers

Paul

Nigel C
13th July 2011, 09:16 PM
G'day paul,

Have you tried Adelaide Airport? No doubt they print their own and could point you in the right direction as to hardware/software options.

Another option might be CASA (perhaps through your regular Aerodrome Inspector) or DoTRS. They'd most likely know what options you have and possible suppliers. The Aerodrome Inspector would also have the contacts for other airports that already use VIC's.

Cheers

David Knudsen
13th July 2011, 10:31 PM
In regards to pricing of card printers etc, we used to install zebra card printers from a company called POSPOS (http://www.pospos.com/) , always helpful and decent pricing.

Paul McFarlane
14th July 2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys,

I spoke to our relationship manager at OTS and he is going to see what he can find out.

Good call on AAL. I'll send them an email today.

I just wonder with the visitor card numbers we do, if it is worth the expense of a decdicated card machine. Will keep working at it.

Once again, thanks.

Paul.