PDA

View Full Version : QF64 - Jo'burg - Sydney

Kieran Wells
24th May 2008, 12:10 PM
Hi,
I have kept an eye on this one for a while and was wondering if we could get some more info. Everytime i check the arrivals, this flight is always running late. I have just checked flight stats and it gives a 0 out of 5 rating for this flight arriving ontime. Again today, it is running approx 1 hour late.

Can anyone shed some light on why this flight is always late? I understand if it is headwinds.

Justin L
24th May 2008, 10:05 PM
I was on this flight on May 15 and we landed in Sydney the following day about 20 minutes late at 2.15pm, instead of the scheduled 1.55pm. As far as that flight was concerned we left the gate late at JNB. From recollection of the pilot's explanation over the PA, the completion of the loading of freight was slightly delayed, and then he said the documentation despatch (terminology??) for this flight was done out of HKG, and they had to wait for their OK before leaving which took a bit of time.

Peter H.
25th May 2008, 09:30 AM
Last June we returned from J'burg and if you experience the boarding process via security-- one line for males and one for the gals to start with causes pandemonium. Lots of old -and young-couples etc don't want to be broken up. Then my wife may be boarding and I am still 30th waiting for my security check.And all this starts about 30 mins before departure.Well it did for us so I guess if procedures are still the same it may account for late arrivals here in Sydney.

Marius B
25th May 2008, 06:52 PM
Come in to Africa time and leave on Africa time... Quite simple really...
The prevailing winds are westerly, in favour of the Jhb - Syd leg

Fred Rey
29th May 2008, 11:33 AM
Yesterday's (28/05) flight from SYD to JNB was particularly delayed - something like six hours. I had a colleague on the flight and he mentioned it was delayed due to storms, a lack of fuel and a flat tyre.

I haven't discovered the full details...

Consequently, it'll be late coming back.

James K
29th May 2008, 02:07 PM
It diverted to DUR due JNB wx. Then needed a wheel change and had to wait for the wheel and engineer to come from JNB on SA. QF064 due in at 2220 from memory.

J Brown
29th May 2008, 10:05 PM
QF64 opb 744 VH-OJK flew JNB-PER this afternoon and terminated here.

Krzysztof M
30th May 2008, 02:11 AM
Yesterday's (28/05) flight from SYD to JNB was particularly delayed - something like six hours.

If six hours is not enough, 29/05 scheduled at 10am made it to double-digit number of hours, having departed 16R more than 10 hrs late, just after 8pm.

I understand if it is headwinds.

Must have had strong headwinds up along Taxiway Alpha :cool:

Marius B
30th May 2008, 02:54 AM
Yesterday's (28/05) flight from SYD to JNB was particularly delayed - something like six hours. I had a colleague on the flight and he mentioned it was delayed due to storms, a lack of fuel and a flat tyre.

I haven't discovered the full details...

Consequently, it'll be late coming back.

It diverted to DUR due JNB wx. Then needed a wheel change and had to wait for the wheel and engineer to come from JNB on SA. QF064 due in at 2220 from memory.

Yep there was a heavy CB storm over Johannesburg yesterday afternoon!!!!