PDA

View Full Version : Flying Korean

Joe Frampton
31st August 2011, 12:10 AM
Hi all,

Flying Korean BNE-ICN & ICN-SYD this coming weekend on a very quick and unexpected trip... What can I expect? Sorry, not trying to make out like Korean are different from any other airline... but IFE, meals, etc? Anyone been on them recently? Should be a bit of fun anyway...

Cheers all, Joe.

(sorry if my thread is in the wrong area)...

Ian Gains
31st August 2011, 11:52 AM
Lots of new blue aircraft to log at ICN for a start ! I haven't flown them recently, but when I last did, I went SYD-GMP-NRT-LAX-GMP-SYD. Food was good; I can't remember the IFE offering but I'd fly them again.

I hope that you enjoy the trip.

Anthony T
31st August 2011, 03:46 PM
Never flown KE before, but have heard good things about them, hope you enjoy the trip.

Interesting way to get from Brisbane to Sydney, at least you get duty free. :D

David C
31st August 2011, 04:43 PM
I'll be interested in a reply too as I fly them SYD-ICN-LHR and return in 5 weeks . My wife flew the same route with KE some tome ago and reported then that the in flight service was good , particularly the food service , but didn't say Anything about the IFE . She did say the cabin staff were very smart and friendly too , but females notice that sort of thing don't they !.. I'm looking forward to the trip , it will certainly be different to the usual EK or EY that I usually fly ..

Dave C

Laurent Sanhard
31st August 2011, 06:27 PM
have flown them 3 times back from London , last time was 2 years ago LHR - ICN was great with IFE and good service ( nite flight) , ICN is always a great airport to stop over in ,only problem was ICN-SYD flight had no IFE just the overhead screens like the old days , I presume this has changed in the last 2 years , otherwise great flight with great food (if you like Korean food that is)

Joe Frampton
31st August 2011, 08:49 PM
thanks for the responses.... well I'm on ...

Flight KE 124 Operated by KE (KOREAN AIR)
Departure Brisbane (BNE) Brisbane 02SEP11 08:25 Local Time
Arrival Seoul (ICN) Seoul/Incheon 02SEP11 17:45 Local Time

Flight KE 121 Operated by KE (KOREAN AIR)
Departure Seoul (ICN) Seoul/Incheon 04SEP11 19:05 Local Time
Arrival Sydney (SYD) Sydney 05SEP11 06:20 Local Time

Flight QF510 Operated by QF (QANTAS AIRWAYS)
Departure Sydney (SYD) Sydney 05SEP11 08:35 Local Time
Arrival Brisbane (BNE) Brisbane 05SEP11 10:05 Local Time

so looking forward to a little flying, and maybe a little lost in translation this weekend, learning a bit about Seoul for my travel industry role

Will try and do a trip report next week....

cheers all

Nathan Battersby
12th October 2011, 09:41 PM
I'm off to Paris on Friday with KE. Im hoping the service will live up to the standards of all their other asian conterparts. I love flying on asian carriers and I hope KE will be a good experience

Steve Crook
13th October 2011, 02:26 PM
My sister-in-law flew from Sydney to Paris and return on Korean in the last month - her first overseas trip. She was very impressed with Korean; plenty of food and drink during the flight, enough room and friendly crew. She didn't mention the IFE. The one downfall of the trip in her experience was the return flight from Paris to Seoul. It turned out to be a codeshare on an Air France flight. She said that it seemed a lot more cramped and the service wasn't up to the same standard.

David C
13th October 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm in Europe right now , having flown last week from SYD to LHR via ICN with KE . The experience was very good indeed . The cabin staff showed great attention to detail , were attentive and well mannered . The food quality was as good as anything I have had and the AVOD onboard was good , working all the time and had a good selection of movies etc . There are no onboard fancy printed menus in economy class and no mood lighting in the cabin , but who need mood lighting anyway ! ... It's never in all my years traveling helped me to overcome jet lag . The aircraft were very well presented considering their age . The leg room is quoted as 34" , and that's as good as it gets in economy with any airline . All in all a good experience and an airline I will fly with no hesitation and recommend . In closing , we had a delay of about 20mins departing SYD as a result of a refueling delay , we were kept fully informed by the ground staff and at least 3 announcements were made in respect . One passenger was heard to say " at least you have informormed us , a famous Australian airline wouldn't have bothered " ... possibly true !!

Dave C

Nathan Battersby
20th November 2011, 09:52 PM
Back from Europe and I must say that I was satisfied with my Korean Air experience. The SYD-ICN-CDG leg was the best. Having the night in Seoul was very nice and the whole ground experience in Seoul was easy and hassle free. On my return LHR-ICN-SYD my sister and I managed to get the exit row seats at 3R. It was great, except the door slide was a little annoying and my window seat was a window-less one, but anyhow I wasnt complaining. The return through Seoul Airport was a nightmare though. Once off KE908 we had to collect our boarding passes for KE121, but there was very poor information about connecting and the Korean Air transfer desk was very very busy and it took nearly 1 hour for us to be processed. But all in all I couldn't really complain, I would defineatly fly with them over to Europe, but I'm not too sure about the return.