PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT: YSSY/PHNL return

Brad Varney
19th December 2011, 06:10 PM
Hey all.
Well here it goes.
Arrived at sydney airport at around 2:30pm went up to the observation deck to see the CPA 7478F depart, damn it was quiet on TOGA it was almost as quite as a 7474 on idle.

Depart date: 6th December
Arrival date: 6th December
airline: Jetstar
flight no: JQ3
aircraft: A330-200 VH-EBQ
seat: 50B
gate: T1 gate 8
scheduled departure: 6.00pm
actual: 6:03pm
scheduled arrival: 6:45am
actual: 6:20am

After spending 15 mins at the observation deck we checked in and went through security and customs. I had maccas for a late lunch in the duty free area. All I could think about was spending 9.5 hours on a jetstar flight. :eek:
At about 5:30 we went over to gate 8 to board. The seats filled seemed to be around 90%. After a short taxi to 16R we were number 1 for departure after about 2 mins we were on our way.
For jetstar the legroom was pretty good. As I was conserving my camera battery so I didn't take many photos on the plane.

The flight wasn't to bad, the aircraft was fitted with JQ's new IFE which had about
7 hours of movies. We had a constant tailwind so the flight was 25 mins early .

Brad Varney
19th December 2011, 06:26 PM
After landing and taxing to the gate you could tell PHNL was an airport with lots of good stuff. :D As I predicted there was an Asia Pacific airlines 7272F winglets and also an AN-124. Here some pics from one of the high car parks.
Here's the best I could do with the AN-124 :( so many obstructions. Also saw
N623RH- ex RAAF 707 there and she seemed to not have moved for the whole 10 days. plenty of kallitta air classics up there. :D