PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Visit

Carsten Bauer
30th May 2008, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

I'll be stopping over at SYD for just 3 hours or so, wondering if anyone wants to catch up with me at the mound?

I'm coming in at 0615 from perf and leaving again for Cairns at 10:00 and hoping to spend a few hours spotting from the mound.

How long does it take to walk from Qantas terminal around to the mound? I did the trek a few years ago, but couldn't recall how long it took me.

Cheers

Carsten

Kieran Wells
30th May 2008, 05:08 PM
Hi Carsten,

I won't be around, however it should take you about 20-30 mins to walk to the mound.(add longer if you via Krispy Kreme!!) My suggestion would be that you might be able to get a lift round to there with the long term car park bus!

Kieran

Carsten Bauer
31st May 2008, 02:39 AM
Ah cheers.
I'll keep it in mind.
And Yes, I expect to pick up a 6 pack on the way back :)

Carsten Bauer
4th June 2008, 11:07 PM
No takers? :-(

Montague S
4th June 2008, 11:26 PM
what you expect at 6am on weekday? ;)

Tim C
5th June 2008, 12:03 AM
Castor et al,

Our resident yssy forum Golf guru granny smith will be heading out to Woolongong that morning and maybe able to offer you a ride in the trusty Toyota.

Cheers and beers

Carsten Bauer
5th June 2008, 12:06 AM
Ah cool.

On another note, EBW just arrived requiring Ground Power.. so APU must be playing up :( It was in earlier than expected, so hoping it wont be delayed too much.

Mick F
5th June 2008, 12:17 AM
Are you wearing your ASIC?

I hear they pull chicks

Grant Smith
5th June 2008, 12:59 AM
Castor et al,

Our resident yssy forum Golf guru granny smith will be heading out to Woolongong that morning and maybe able to offer you a ride in the trusty Toyota.

Cheers and beers

Tim,

Where the ****'s Woolongong? Is it anywhere near Joondalooploop?

WX is ****e for anything other than sleeping, so that's exactly what I'll be doing after coming off my night shift...

Carsten Bauer
5th June 2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah, WX shocking, so gave it a miss. Currently sitting in the terminal making a start on a 6 pack.... KK's of course :)
Next flight is on VYL QF922 SYD-CNS.

Montague S
5th June 2008, 08:26 PM
for someone on vacation you've spent plenty of time on your laptop... :eek:

Brenden S
5th June 2008, 10:14 PM
Plenty of time showing off his ASIC and waiting around hoping to pull a hostie :D

Tim C
6th June 2008, 09:36 PM
Shoulda got the mankini out! They would have flocked to .................................................. ....................the exit