PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines

Ryan N
11th January 2012, 11:07 AM
Has the reliability and service of China Airlines improved over the years? I am going to Taiwan during my upcoming trip to HKG. I haven't flown with China Airlines before and their airfare is about $300 HKD cheaper than Cathay. Their schedules are also quite similar (cathay has slightly more flights between HKG and TPE).

Steve Crook
11th January 2012, 08:15 PM
I flew to Taiwan and return with China Airlines a few years ago. Their reputation from a decade or two prior was less than encouraging particularly from a safety record point of view. I was more than pleasantly surprised. They had obviously turned themselves around. The reliability and customer service was outstanding. The entertainment system wasn't top of the line compared to some airlines (& that may have changed) but it was more than satisfactory. Would I fly them again? In a heartbeat!! And Taiwan was amazing too. Check the skytrax website for flight reviews.

Torin Wilson
11th January 2012, 10:02 PM
I flew China Airlines from Tokyo to Taipei then Taipei to Osaka end of 2010, I loved them.

The cabin crew couldn't do enough to help and were amazing.

I would definitely fly them again. Mandarin was good as well, though Uni was average. I'd love to go back again and give FAT a try now that they are back.

Jarden S
16th January 2012, 07:45 AM
I heard a rumour from another forum that China Airlines were looking at a TPE-MEL services.