PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific - New Business Class refit schedule

Andrew RC
2nd March 2012, 09:57 PM
Hi,

I was looking at booking the following 2 routes on Cathay for flights in mid-November 2012. Does anybody know if these routes will have the New Business product installed on all flights by then?

LAX - HKG on B777-300ER

HKG - MEL on A330-300

My understanding is that these 2 aircraft types were planned to have New Business Class refits completed fleetwide by Feb 2013, and new deliveries in the interim are coming factory fresh with the new product. The regional configured A330's and B772's, and remaining A340's were not being upgraded at all if I remember correctly, but should hopefully not be an issue as they don't normally operate those to USA or Aus.

Anybody know if these routes will be flying with upgraded product by then (or if refit already complete)?

Thanks in advance.

A McLaughlin
3rd March 2012, 04:28 PM
It's my understanding the new business is almost totally rolled out across the long-haul fleet, and most of the A333s have it now too.

Had a sneaky at the new premium economy and economy classes yesterday too - only one A333 fitted with it so far (B-LAN) but it's a massive improvement on the previous version.

Andrew P
3rd March 2012, 06:26 PM
see CX have taken a bit of poetic licence is their Premium Economy banter

they say on a A330 economy is 2 4 2, while Premium Economy is 2 3 2

but what they don't say is Premium Economy is located at the very back of the A330, in the part of the fuselage that is tapered inwards

in the old A330, CX had 5 rows of 2 3 2 economy there already

Robert M
15th March 2012, 08:19 PM
see CX have taken a bit of poetic licence is their Premium Economy banter

they say on a A330 economy is 2 4 2, while Premium Economy is 2 3 2

but what they don't say is Premium Economy is located at the very back of the A330, in the part of the fuselage that is tapered inwards

in the old A330, CX had 5 rows of 2 3 2 economy there already

RUBBISH! Premium Y is located between J and Y. Plenty of space, plenty of legroom.. very comfortable. The new Y is also very much more comfortable than the hard shell Y class on the existing long-haul fleet.

R.

Andrew RC
15th March 2012, 09:11 PM
I managed to find the answer to my own question.
For those interested, a link here (hope it works) that gives a good overview of the rollout of New Business Class and Premium Economy on CX:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6eA6dSrHUrRN2E0MDZiODQtMWU1Ny00NGJiLTllY2YtNDhhM zcyOGM0ZWY2/edit?pli=1

Andrew P
16th March 2012, 08:37 AM
Robert M

Woops, got that one wrong, but somewhere in the mailings I receive as Marco Polo Club member was a seating plan, with Premium Economy way down the back of an A330; maybe it was an earlier plan that was not implemented.