PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Inflight Magazine now available on iPad

Stephane P
3rd March 2012, 08:46 AM
The Qantas Magazine is now available on iPad free of charge. It is a well designed, interactive and intuitive tool. Only regret is that QF have omitted the network map and fleet description. Well done QF.
Just type Qantas Magazine in the App store search box.

Sydney Airport have done equally well with their recently released app....check it out.

Stephane

Brett Williamson
3rd March 2012, 09:18 AM
I just wish these companies would release the Android equivalent at the same time. After all, Android is becoming extremely popular as well.

A McLaughlin
3rd March 2012, 04:26 PM
While we're talking about iPad apps....Australian Aviation will be available as an iPad app by the end of March...stay tuned for details.

And re Android apps - the process of getting an app approved and developed through Apple is an extensive one....and I understand is even worse for Android.

Plus, Apple has a far larger percentage of the tablet app market for the time being, so the expense and time spent in developing an Android app - which isn't just a copy of the Apple version - may not yet be warranted.

Stephane P
3rd March 2012, 09:17 PM
A McL,

I was just going to ask, this is great news if AA is available on the iPad!
I had noticed that I haven't received any weekly alert for quite some time now.
Please keep us posted,

S

Brett Williamson
3rd March 2012, 09:34 PM
I work for a company that may just happen to print AA.

A McLaughlin
4th March 2012, 01:21 PM
I had noticed that I haven't received any weekly alert for quite some time now.
Do you mean Australian Aviation Express? It's still being sent out every week, so there's no logicial reason for you not getting it? Might pay to sign up again via the website.
I work for a company that may just happen to print AA.
Webstar?

Brett Williamson
4th March 2012, 04:08 PM
Blue Star Group. Webstar is the web division.

A McLaughlin
4th March 2012, 04:09 PM
Bluestar used to print AA...not any more.

Brett Williamson
4th March 2012, 04:36 PM
And before Blue Star is was Pirie Printers in Canberra.

Webstar is Blue Star's web division. So now AA prints on a web press where before it used to print on a sheet fed press.

A McLaughlin
4th March 2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I know

Michael Mak
28th March 2012, 03:23 PM
While we're talking about iPad apps....Australian Aviation will be available as an iPad app by the end of March...stay tuned for details.
Hi Andrew, any news on this iPad app?

Stephane P
30th March 2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=A McLaughlin;71638]Do you mean Australian Aviation Express? It's still being sent out every week, so there's no logicial reason for you not getting it? Might pay to sign up again via the website.

yes, in fact I am still receiving the alert. There must have been a longer gap when I wrote my comment

Justin L
30th March 2012, 02:40 PM
I just downloaded the Qantas Magazine app and the issue appears on my Newsstand, but when I go to open it I get a download error and that my subscription couldn't be received and can't connect to iTunes. I am not having this problem with anything else. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Dave Dale
30th March 2012, 02:42 PM
Justin

I had the same drama, but I waited a day and then it worked.

Dave

Justin L
30th March 2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll wait and see what happens then.

Ossian N
1st April 2012, 02:04 PM
The April edition has just been released for those interested