PDA

View Full Version : MEL fog causes diversions to ADL

Philip Argy
3rd June 2008, 10:25 AM
Melbourne fog forces flight diversions to SA - ABC news report

Adelaide Airport has been busy coping with flights diverted west due to heavy fog in Melbourne.

Airport manager John McArdle says four international and five domestic fights have been diverted to Adelaide, as the terminal is large enough to cope with the extra passengers.
"Adelaide Airport's been extremely busy with quite a few diversions from both international and interstate and of course aircraft that were due to leave Adelaide for Melbourne have been on hold waiting to go," he said.

David M
3rd June 2008, 10:38 AM
So far,
9M-MRD (parked at Bay 27 - end of T1), VH-EBV, B-HLR, unknown Tiger A320, A6-ERA (since departed) VH-EBI, VH-EBG, VH-QPD.

Aircraft are strewn around the airport with only the regulars using the aerobridges at the terminal of which they are, B-HLW, 9V-SRC and 9M-MRG. 9M-MRG has since been towed to the old terminal.

Three aircraft lined up on the taxiway towards runway 12, and the two QF A332's are parked on taxiway at Tapley's Hill road!

A great morning for the ADL spotters!

David.M.

Chris Tully
3rd June 2008, 12:43 PM
Avalon has had up to 6 aircraft sitting there that were unable to land into Tullamarine.

Adam P.
3rd June 2008, 01:36 PM
Mangalore got one of ours! :eek:

Geoff W
3rd June 2008, 04:02 PM
Just arrived from LST, where the public address system announced JQ 736 had been damaged whilst landing at LST this morning. VH-JQG

Shortly before boarding our flight around 1225.

It was announced that parts were required from YMML, they were due in at 1440.

Expected ETD for JQ736 from LST was then forecast for 1630.

Regards,

Geoff

David M
3rd June 2008, 04:43 PM
Atlas N418MC also diverted into ADL. A/c departed ADL approx 15:55.

Nearly everything has departed on the international front, however plenty of delayed or cancelled flights domestically. The terminal is still packed to the rafters with pax!

All told I think ADL received a total of 10 or 11 wide bodied diversions and an abundance of domestic narrow a/c!

Cathay's daily A330 (B-HLW) is still on the ground as is VH-EBG.

Mangalore got one of ours!

Just dropping in to say hello to the cadets??

David.M.

Adam P.
3rd June 2008, 05:28 PM
Something like that Dave. Check your email.

Tsen Tsan
4th June 2008, 02:59 AM
Hope the ADL folks got MRD, she's got less than a week left.

David M
4th June 2008, 10:01 AM
TT,

Yes, got some glorious shots of her in great light and an unusual position, so nice and close!

Will miss that great scheme!

David.M.

Brad M
4th June 2008, 10:22 PM
was nice seeing MRD and the other heavies lined up...

emerates took off over my head as i was driving through the tapley's bend..i wish they had a regular service here, looked nice..

even today was pretty cool , with the SQ cargo and daily SQ 772 there , and QF82 holding short of 23 ,while cathay was on finals...was a good sight...

Dave , whats the timetable nowadays for the SQ cargo's into ADL ?
i see it parked every wednesday, when does it arrive usually ?

Tsen Tsan
10th June 2008, 12:07 AM
Glad you guys got her.. she should be arriving in KUL from PER as I type this.. and that'll be her 2nd last landing in Heliconia colours, next up in the morning - Subang Airport for repainting.

Brett E
10th June 2008, 11:47 AM
Here is shots of the aircraft on Taxiway G lined up

David M
10th June 2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the board Brett. I am guessing you work for AAL or QF with a shot like that. :D

Any inside info is alway welcome.

Cheers,

David M

Ray P.
10th June 2008, 07:04 PM
Here is shots of the aircraft on Taxiway G lined up

Hi Brett, you remind me of a guy who resides in the 1/400 Hangar. :D
Ray

steve k
10th June 2008, 07:59 PM
I had that same feeling too!!

Brett E
10th June 2008, 09:41 PM
Hi Guys,

Yes I've been busted:D

I have to thank ray for telling about this site.

I,ve heard that its the only place to keep track of the expanding fleet of pink trucks at adelaide:)

Ray P.
11th June 2008, 07:31 AM
We also have a new member here called Tim A. who likes taking pics at Adelaide Airport and is equally similar to another 400 Scale Hangar guy that I know.

steve k
11th June 2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Yes I've been busted:D

I have to thank ray for telling about this site.

I,ve heard that its the only place to keep track of the expanding fleet of pink trucks at adelaide:)

Watch this space Brett!! think pink mate, we have room for one more pink truck!!!:D...we very nearly got a A380 capable truck recently, which would probably---OK it would be the biggest truck to operate airside here in Adelaide.
Tandem axles, Mercedes Benz made and 425, 000 bucks worth. however they sent the smaller Volvo instead:( Ah well, with nearly a million bucks worth in trucks to play with, cannot complain really, until a A380 comes in and we can't quite reach!!! must catch up with you again soon and also the other Adelaide guys soon, 2nd meet up coming soon!!
steve k

Adam P.
11th June 2008, 08:15 PM
Damn Adelaide inside jokes.

:o

Grant Smith
11th June 2008, 09:22 PM
Damn Adelaide inside jokes.

:o

Yeah, it certainly requires some explanation... :confused:

Ray P.
12th June 2008, 07:52 PM
Steve K, Brett E, Tim A and myself are all members of a forum at 400 scale hangar: http://www.400scalehangar.net/forums/

Whilst we are all aviation enthusiasts, we all actually work in the industry and happen to collect 1/400 scale commercial and military aircraft models, and we live in Adelaide. The models are fantastic when you consider the size and the detail.