PDA

View Full Version : Flightaware - now including Australia

Sarah C
28th March 2012, 07:03 PM
For those who use Flightaware, you would know that it doesn't cover Australia (unless the flight originates in the US). Now it is covering Australian flights :) An example:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA456

Bob C
28th March 2012, 07:43 PM
Hi Sarah

I've been using it for a week or so now and am wondering what the time delay is as it certainly doesn't appear to be "live".

And whilst it's good to see the regos of lighties and Bizjets it's a pity that this information isn't available like others sites as most users would find this more relevant.

Modern spotters are very spoilt with all this information because it wasn't all that long ago that what we saw ath the airport was pot luck. To paraphrase Forrest Gump......." a visit to the airport is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you'll get."

Shayne G
28th March 2012, 07:50 PM
Hey Bob,

it's my understanding that it is delayed by 5 minutes for security reasons.

Noticed the better coverage of Australia the other day too, pretty nice being able to know in advance when Toll Metros are coming my way for Bankstown now!

Bob C
28th March 2012, 10:23 PM
I've just re-read my post and it appears that a gremlin got into this sentence as it doesn't make sense "

"...And whilst it's good to see the regos of lighties and Bizjets it's a pity that this information isn't available like others sites as most users would find this more relevant."

What I wrote/meant to write was :

"...And whilst it's good to see the regos of lighties and Bizjets it's a pity that this information isn't available for airliners like other sites as most users would find this more relevant."

Sorry about that and thanks for youe explanation Shayne.

Peter Agatsiotis
28th March 2012, 10:53 PM
I have Flightaware on my touchpad but could hardly get any movements without a lot of mucking around. Saw this news from an e-mail so will check it out.

Philip Argy
31st March 2012, 08:25 AM
Here's their web announcement:

http://flightaware.com/news/article/FlightAwarecom-Launches-Free-Flight-Tracking-Services-for-Australia/161