PDA

View Full Version : Air Australia Model

Michael Dawson
14th April 2012, 09:46 AM
Hi Guys,

Come across this on through Jetphotos for those of you who are interested.

https://store.jetphotos.net/GeminiJets-1-400-Air-Australia-A320-200-VH-YQC.html

Cheers

Michael

Bob C
14th April 2012, 10:49 AM
Hi Mike

I saw the Air Australia A320 on Gemini's site last week and they also have a model of a Malaysian A380, albeit in the old colours which I don't think will be worn in service.

So I guess the A320 will be popular whereas the A380 may not as it models something that won't exist. I guess collectors would purchase the former and not the latter.

In both cases, I think the production runs are only 2000-2500 worldwide.

Cheers

Bob

Alexander.L
14th April 2012, 12:41 PM
Do you think hobbyco will allow pre-order for this one?

Brad Varney
14th April 2012, 04:45 PM
Hobbyco at the moment seem to be really terrible with Australian 1/400 new releases.
I don't think they have the Q-link shorts 360?

Jaryd stock
14th April 2012, 06:29 PM
Brad I think Hobbyco have gotten really lazy lately, and after being a member there for quite awhile I'm not purchasing from there in the future they don't seem to stock the things you want and new realeasees are a couple months overdue and they aren't reliable in there arrival times for new stock.
They have no idea that items listed on the website have been out of stock for about year and half. I recommend Collector Aircraft Models Australia.Com.au they post it out to you and are reliable with all new realeases....

Brad Varney
14th April 2012, 07:46 PM
I agree with you 100%, but they used to be really good a year ago.
I mostly get models from ebay and sometimes CAMUST.
How big is your collection?

Alexander.L
15th April 2012, 09:52 AM
Brad I think Hobbyco have gotten really lazy lately, and after being a member there for quite awhile I'm not purchasing from there in the future they don't seem to stock the things you want and new realeasees are a couple months overdue and they aren't reliable in there arrival times for new stock.
They have no idea that items listed on the website have been out of stock for about year and half. I recommend Collector Aircraft Models Australia.Com.au they post it out to you and are reliable with all new realeases....

I do have to agree with you on being horrible. Just last month they tried to sell me a QF 747SP with the wingtips broken. But they are the only local GJ seller in sydney. :mad:

Jaryd stock
15th April 2012, 11:16 AM
Hobbyco are the wholesaler for gemini they import directly from them don't they, so that's why they are the only stockiest's in this region. eBay and CAMAust.com are the way to go, usually cheaper than hobbyco and ship to your front door, by the time I drive in to the city or the other stores pay for parking drive back again it's cheaper to just buy online....

And Brad my collection is too big I'm going to sell them.