PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Singapore Trip

Greg McDonald
12th July 2012, 10:34 PM
I've booked a quick trip to Singapore on Scoot between 17 and 21 October this year but, never having been there, I have no idea what the best use of my time would be. I'd appreciate any ideas from the more well travelled amongst you regarding 'must see' touristy stuff, best bargains to be had while shopping and even recommendations on accomodation. I'm going to trawl the internet but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks in advance...

Torin Wilson
13th July 2012, 01:27 AM
I quite like Park Royal Kitchener Road. In Little India and really close to Mustafa Centre - 24 hour shopping, and a must do experience.

Other than that the typical stuff - zoo, Merlion, China town, Sentosa Island, Marina Bay Sands and then the food. There is some amazing seafood in Singapore, as well as all the other foods, if you are interested.

James Thomson
13th July 2012, 07:27 AM
Hey Greg ,

I just came back from Singapore a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing!! Make sure you go to marina bay sands-it's the best hotel I have ever stayed in!! One thing you must do is go to the Bugis markets and visit a toast box for breakfast!

Hope that helps

James

Matthew Chisholm
14th July 2012, 06:30 PM
If your hungry, head to Newton Circus for some local food.

Kim F
14th July 2012, 07:27 PM
Crowne Plaza at the airport is well located :D:D but I think spotting at the airport is best done on the secure side of customs/immigration. Airport is well connected to the city via the excellent train system

The zoo is among the world's better zoos.

Mark Grima
18th July 2012, 02:33 PM
True, the zoo is world class, but don't do the night safari. Not worth the money or time.

Cheers

M

Joe Frampton
22nd July 2012, 09:45 PM
Transformers ride at Universal Studios Singapore... Awesome and much closer than LA or Orlando!