PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Cadet Pilot Program 2009

Nick W.
7th June 2008, 04:56 PM
Hey All,

Heads up on the cadetship -

QC09 is up on the Qantas Careers website:

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/employment/pilots

Information sessions are being held this year as well.

N

Russell D
7th June 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm ready to apply. Still waiting for CASA to send me back my ARN so i can complete my application.

You applying Nick?

Nick W.
8th June 2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, i'll be applying

N

Nick W.
29th July 2008, 07:14 PM
How are all the apps going? I know of a few board members who have applied, so good luck to all!

Nick

Lukas M
29th July 2008, 07:34 PM
Anyone thinking of doing a Aviation Degree/Bachelor at Swinburne next year?

Stefan Drury
29th July 2008, 07:44 PM
Anyone going for the level 2 entry commercial programme? I'm hoping that if I have my CPL by next year that I can enter this way.

Nick W.
29th July 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm giving the associates at swinburne a crack, yourself Lukas?

Lukas M
29th July 2008, 08:30 PM
I'm giving the associates at swinburne a crack, yourself Lukas?
Most Likely. My First Preference is The Diploma one(2yr) then The Bachelor course(3yr). I dont want to do the RMIT Airline Pilot course though, didn't satisfy me.

Im applying straight of VCE through VTAC, we can start applying from next Monday:D

Russell D
30th July 2008, 03:20 PM
Yer, I'm still in the process of applying. Only got my ARN a couple of weeks ago (to CASA nearly 2 months:eek:).

Ive still got to complete my resume and attach it online, then i can send off the online application. I'm going for either of the two Bachelor degrees (Swinburne or Griffith). Was also pondering whether I should also apply through VTAC and its QLD equilvalent as my careers adviser at school constantly tells me that the odds of getting into the QF programs are not too great.

Still applying for UNSW BAv (Flying Stream) though. Hope to get my GFPT by Feb 2009 (I'm gonna try and get stuck in maybe at Aerospace or Basair after the HSC before uni begins). I'm doing this because I'm really considering going into medicine rather than flying (I know some people on this board will kill me for saying this:p).

Good luck to all applicants.

Cheers

ChrisG.
30th July 2008, 04:25 PM
G'day All,
Just wondering, why are people wanting to do Diploma's and Bachelor's exactly? Has anyone looked simply doing a straight CPL + MECIR course? Much cheaper and quicker, and get's you out into the workforce earlier. Bachelor's and Diploma's don't really do anything for you in the real world of aviation, unless you want to get into management.

Russell. I'd steer clear of Basair as far as possible. Have first hand experience with them and to say it's dismal would be tame!

Chris

Nick W.
30th July 2008, 05:39 PM
Chris, my choice to apply for the cadetship runs along the lines of going to uni, simply because I have always seen it as something important for me - although I'm aware that this is not everyone's opinion, and the ability to pursue that whilst at the same time engaging in flying, which as always been the penultimate for me, makes this program worthwhile for me to apply for.

For many (not all) young people who want to have a crack at flying for a living, the QF cadetship has always been a shining light in a barren land - at least that was the reception I got at TAFE. Those who are serious about their flying apply for the course, and those who are knocked back still go at it under their own steam, and I know people currently doing this and enjoying it thoroughly.

N

Russell D
31st July 2008, 06:44 PM
Russell. I'd steer clear of Basair as far as possible. Have first hand experience with them and to say it's dismal would be tame!

Thanks for that Chris, I'll take your advice and stick with Aerospace in that case.

Anyone applying for BAv Aviation at UNSW? I also found a course at Edith Cowan Uni (ECU) in Perth, but I'm having second thoughts about applying since its just a tad to far away.

Still not sure whether I will apply for Swinburne or Griffith (either through QF or "under my own steam") since I really want to do medicine (although UMAT was one of the hardest tests I've ever done in my life - any med students out there, you'd know what I'm talking about).

At this stage, all I want is my PPL for recreational flying.

Jayden Laing
2nd August 2008, 08:54 PM
Regional Express have a cadetship going aswell if i remeber correctly. Supposed to be based down in Victoria somewhere

http://www.rex.com.au/cadetpilot/Default.aspx

Russell D
16th August 2008, 01:21 PM
The OHA is $150 non-refundable. What about the Psychometric assessment ($195)? Is that non-refundable as well? It doesn't actually say whether it is or isn't or the QF website, but it does say that it is taken at the applicant's external expense.

I don't think I'll be applying for Edith Cowan University (B Aviation) - it seems to far away.

I'm considering the following private schools (I only want to get a PPL posssibly with NVFR):
Aerospace Aviation (did my TIF with them on 26th Jan)
Airborne Aviation
Aerodiamond (Camden)
Whitworth Aviation
Proflite
Schofields Flying Club
RAAF Richmond Flying Club

Also, does anyone know whether Sydney Aviation College is any good considering or is it mainly for people who want to get a CPL and beyond (i.e career as a pilot in future)?

Cheers