PDA

View Full Version : EK404 diverted to ADL 6/8/08

David M
8th June 2008, 08:59 AM
Info from Tony H is that EK 404 has diverted into ADL.

Went to take a look - a/c is sitting at the old terminal. APU isn't running, however a GPU is attached. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon. Registration is A6-EMN. Weather less than great for photos, and VH-NJM is parked infront of it, so no good shots until it departs.

David.M.

Ray P.
8th June 2008, 05:59 PM
Info from Tony H is that EK 404 has diverted into ADL.

Went to take a look - a/c is sitting at the old terminal. APU isn't running, however a GPU is attached. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon. Registration is A6-EMN. Weather less than great for photos, and VH-NJM is parked infront of it, so no good shots until it departs.

David.M.

What's the story with it. Did it go U/S? and if so, is that the reason for the diversion?

Brad M
8th June 2008, 06:01 PM
what was the story on this one ?

Ryan Hothersall
8th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Any idea when it is going?

Ray P.
8th June 2008, 09:17 PM
According to Steve K, it is on the ground waiting for a part to address a flap problem. The part is scheduled to arrive early tomorrow morning and after repair the aircraft is expected to depart ADL on Monday afternoon/evening with 15 crew on board and no pax.

Ryan Hothersall
8th June 2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks, Ray.

steve k
8th June 2008, 09:43 PM
According to Steve K, it is on the ground waiting for a part to address a flap problem. The part is scheduled to arrive early tomorrow morning and after repair the aircraft is expected to depart ADL on Monday afternoon/evening with 15 crew on board and no pax.

No one here in ADL is sure of the depart time on this temporarily grounded a/c but hopefully will depart late afternoon with 15 crew and unsure as to next destination, maybe Dubai??
steve k:confused:

Ray P.
8th June 2008, 10:02 PM
The following pics are posted on behalf of our soon to be newest member; QFA388 (Tim). Tim was out there braving the weather to bring these shots to you;

Good work mate. :cool:

David M
8th June 2008, 10:14 PM
Had heard a completely different story, but this one seems more plausible as the left side flap was hanging low when I went to have a look tonight.

Had heard that due to fog it diverted into ADL arriving early in the morning, possibly around 0200L with the crew running out of hours with pax subsequently shuffled on domestic flights to MEL to complete their journey. I could only then surmise that the crew would overnight and then be able to crew the same a/c back through Singapore and onto Dubai.

Will wait and see tomorrow as to when it will depart and whether or not we see some engineers fixing it!

David.M.

steve k
8th June 2008, 10:25 PM
Info I have is crew only flight back out to wherever some time mon arvo, 15 crew meals to be provided.will try to advise ETD if i can, steve k. also heard fog in MEL was main cause of delay but as a veteran in this industry, one problem quickly leads to another, trust me, I know. Mr MURPHY and I are not good friends, in law!!:D

David M
8th June 2008, 10:33 PM
Cheers Steve,

Let's hope the weather improves for a departure around 1700 in fantastic winter afternoon light. Then Mr Murphy can stick it where it fits!

David.M.

Philip Argy
9th June 2008, 01:21 AM
Here's a very unusual shot of the same a/c flying in formation with the Red Arrows:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emirates/Boeing-777-31H/1303040&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=1&prev_id=&next_id=1233341

:cool:

Chris W
9th June 2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah, MEL TAF had a prob of fog this morning, and ATIS also showed fog and broken at 500 or so.

Grant Smith
9th June 2008, 08:02 AM
Grant, please use PM for this - mod

Grant Smith
9th June 2008, 03:57 PM
Grant, please use PM for this - mod

Would have been easier to just delete the post... or take one's own advice...

:o

Robert Zweck
9th June 2008, 05:08 PM
It is now sitting at the Adelaide terminal

Lukas M
9th June 2008, 05:09 PM
Now leaving the adelaide terminal, pushed back 4.36 adelaide time

David M
9th June 2008, 06:41 PM
Well, Mr Murphy raised his ugly head today. Emirates finally departed, however if it had departed just 6 minutes earlier it would have been bathed in fantastic winter sunlight. It had been sunny all afternoon while it sat at the terminal getting ready for it's ferry flight.

You win some, you lose some! :cool:

David.M.

pics to follow.

steve k
9th June 2008, 07:08 PM
Destination singapore with tech crew and flight attendants only, one very amazing plane to have worked on (catering) first class was absolutely stunning, business was fantastic and economy was nice. Nice to have had the experience of being on board her, time factor prevented a longer tour inside but was a great experience anyway.
steve k:D

Ray P.
9th June 2008, 07:25 PM
David,
You are correct about the lighting. I was near Harbour Town on Tapleys Hill Road.

Ryan Hothersall
9th June 2008, 07:34 PM
Ray, nice photos.

When I saw it earlier today it had one of the AAE 146s parked in front of it.

David M
9th June 2008, 09:50 PM
Ray, I was further up the runway near the MET office, standing in a field cursing because they took so long to get it ready for departure.

David.M.

Ray P.
9th June 2008, 10:02 PM
Great shots David. Looks like you were situated well for the aircraft under tow.

Luke Chittock
10th June 2008, 09:43 AM
Howdy Steve et al

Info I have is crew only flight back out to wherever some time mon arvo, 15 crew meals to be provided.will try to advise ETD if i can, steve k. also heard fog in MEL was main cause of delay but as a veteran in this industry, one problem quickly leads to another, trust me, I know. Mr MURPHY and I are not good friends, in law!!:D

You are correct - Divert to ADL was due to MEL WX then the it went tech.

Regards

Luke/PER

Andrew P
10th June 2008, 10:09 AM
was wondering how they got the passengers to Melbourne??

DJ, QF or bus!!!!!

Banjo

steve k
10th June 2008, 08:13 PM
was wondering how they got the passengers to Melbourne??

DJ, QF or bus!!!!!

Banjo

Camel rides back to Mel was what I heard, only joking....prob o/nighted pax and then got them on domestic flights in morning, would have loved the chance to fly to Singapore with them, an empty plane, 15 crew and choice of seating.........wow, what i would do to have been on that trip back,,,another champagne sir, Is there anything else I can get you sir? what movie would you like to see (on the biggish screens in 1st class i might add)
Ahh thats what dreams are made of..
steve k;)

David M
19th June 2008, 06:33 PM
Another EK bird arrived into ADL on 17th due to a medical diversion. A/C was A6-EMO and arrived around 21:00 and deaprted at 23:10.

David.M.

Marty H
19th June 2008, 10:51 PM
Another EK bird arrived into ADL on 17th due to a medical diversion. A/C was A6-EMO and arrived around 21:00 and deaprted at 23:10.

David.M.

Approprite rego as ADL is full of them;)

Rhys Xanthis
19th June 2008, 11:21 PM
Approprite rego as ADL is full of them;)

hehehe, lol