PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Airport Carpark

David Wallace
23rd March 2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone here know if they are still going to build the multi-level carpark that was planned for Newcastle airport. They added extra capacity by building additional open air parks, but the long term plan was to build a multi-level carpark directly in fron of the existing terminal.

I have also heard that they are planning more apron upgrades so that they can accomodate a larger number of jets. Has anyone else heard this?

Matthew Hogg
23rd March 2008, 07:21 PM
David,
I can't say I have heard anything about the upgrade in recent times. However there may be somone around here who has some knowledge or inside information.

Nigel C
23rd March 2008, 07:49 PM
Do a search at www.newcastleairport.com.au or look here:
http://www.newcastleairport.com.au/SiteFiles/newcastleairportcomau/NAL_Master_Plan.pdf

Stephen Brown
23rd March 2008, 08:05 PM
Apron upgrades are well underway right now. This is apparently for Air Asia X to start with their A330's.

Tiger seem to have reduced flights out of NTL to one a day in the afternoon now. They had some real troubles up here.

Qantaslink have stopped their Sydney flights out of here apparently due to the pilot shortage (a convenient truth???). Aeropelican have taken up the slack.

No idea about carparks. They seem to want to bleed to public dry with parking fees, and they've got their own bunch of DPWWGVBATP (Dumb People Who Wear Green Vests Being ********s To People) walking around surrounded by their own self importance ruining peoples trips/flights. It's so bad people would rather park their cars outside the restricted zone and take the risk of getting their car vandalised/broken into, rather than pay the over inflated prices. I was there one day and saw about 20 cars broken into.

There was talk in the paper the other day about setting up a parallel runway for dom traffic only so the RAAF can have their runway.

Gareth U
24th March 2008, 07:12 PM
QantasLink have suspended all flights ex-NTL. I think it is a terrible shame. The schedule and frequency on the MEL and BNE routes was very good for the Qantas Group. Especially for people on business.

Doesn't Bluescope have a big contract with QFLink ex-NTL?

Kurt A
7th April 2008, 12:16 PM
Apron upgrades are well underway right now. This is apparently for Air Asia X to start with their A330's.

Newcastle opens new apron

Newcastle Airport has completed a $10 million expansion of its apron after six months of construction.
The expansion will see Newcastle airport now able to handle larger international aircraft, such as a Boeing 787.

“The timely completion of the apron expansion project doubles the capacity of jet aircraft the airport can handle on the ground at one time, which is expected to facilitate increases in airline capacity,” Newcastle airport chief executive Paul Hughes said.

-travelweekly

Nick W
17th April 2008, 11:23 AM
Newcastle airport is going to build the multi story carpark followed by a terminal extention to handle the amount of people goign through the airport. 1 million people went through there last year and a projected 1.3 this year.
Cheers Nick :cool: