PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Madness

Joe Frampton
9th June 2008, 09:11 PM
As the price of oil escalates and world airlines raise prices, slash & burn, etc, etc. it's fun to see Ryanair playing "last man standing"...
I stupidly thought this pricing behaviour might... perhaps... just maybe... be coming to an end with the current oil crisis... but no, Ryanair are still happy to fly me to London for 2 pennies (2 million seats on offer!) It's actually becoming difficult to take on the environmental guilt of taking trips like this, but what can you do? O'Leary is sure playing a strange game here.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2564473400_e09549c3ca_o.jpg

Lukas M
10th June 2008, 04:49 PM
If you are going for a day trip it looks great. I wish we saw more of this down here in Aus:mad:.

But a good way to explore the country so cheaply!!

Philip Argy
10th June 2008, 05:08 PM
What exactly is the business case for such a low fare? I can understand charging the marginal cost of a seat that would otherwise fly empty, but 0.01? :confused:

Michael Morrison
10th June 2008, 07:57 PM
What exactly is the business case for such a low fare? I can understand charging the marginal cost of a seat that would otherwise fly empty, but 0.01? :confused:

Yes - but they will charge you to check a bag, charge you to use check in, charge you for everything onboard - and best of all.... he gets loads of free publicicty for this stuff