PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways SYD-MKY

Dom Fortey
17th October 2012, 04:50 PM
TT Have announced SYD-MKY

"Tiger Airways continues to expand with the announcement of flights between Sydney and Mackay starting December 17. Up to five flights a week will provide around 1,800 seats between the cities.
The announcement comes a week after the airline said it will introduction four-weekly services between Melbourne and Mackay starting December 18.
Around 20 jobs will be created in Mackay as a result of the new services, which are also seen as a significant boost to tourism and the local economy.
Fares for the Sydney-Mackay service start at $99.95 one way."

(source http://australianaviation.com.au/2012/10/tiger-announces-sydney-mackay/ )

Flights not bookable till 9pm tonight.

Dom, :)

Lukas M
17th October 2012, 06:57 PM
I can see PER, ASP, CNS next. Possibly even ADL/HBA/DRW.

JamesL
18th October 2012, 03:26 AM
From a connectivity point of view, I think you will see PER red eye, with aircraft change over in PER.

ADL/HBA would also be key routes.

Ryan K
18th October 2012, 09:47 AM
ADL/HBA has been tried in the past but the route was cut the same time they cut MEL/LST. TT, DJ and JQ have all tried ADL/HBA in the past few years and all have withdrawn from that route.

Kain C
18th October 2012, 10:21 AM
I assume Lukas and James mean destinations out of the SYD base, i.e. SYD-PER, SYD-ASP, SYD-CNS, SYD-ADL, SYD-HBA, SYD-DRW. Also note that HVB performed well in their online poll, which would suit of of SYD.

By my reckoning their "new summer schedule" requires at least 4 aircraft in the SYD base, and at least 9 in the MEL base, not including spares. I thought they only had 11 aircraft?

JamesL
18th October 2012, 10:28 AM
They do, I'm of the believe that another one is imminent...

Ryan K
18th October 2012, 01:06 PM
From a connectivity point of view, I think you will see PER red eye, with aircraft change over in PER.

ADL/HBA would also be key routes.

MEL-HBA starts in the next few weeks with double daily flights.

JamesL
19th October 2012, 12:17 AM
I know..this being a YSSY forum, one would think I would be talking in that context ;)

Lukas M
23rd October 2012, 07:14 PM
No more extra aircraft in this FY. In true Tiger style, they are canning the morning OOL run on the 5 days SYD-MKY ops and the morning PER run for MEL-MKY.

They are scrambling around to make a profit....again.

JamesL
24th October 2012, 01:11 AM
Aircraft 12 is due in March.